News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Change size of AGM Bank

Started by GuyCaron, November 14, 2020, 08:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuyCaron

I had 4 AGM group 27 for a total of 368Amp.
I have added 3 more batteries for a total of 7 x 92 Amps or 644Amps
Do I need to change the Total capacity somewhere?
My total Capacity on the app shows 400 (Ah) on the Battery Status meter?
If so where is this being changed, I looked everywhere

mike90045

AGM  batteries in parallel is a tough cookie.   Their internal resistance is so low, that the cable interconnects are not going to help share the load.  So the best battery is going to contribute most of the work till it's no longer the best, and another battery takes over.   
Overall. massive parallel banks tend to not last as long as series banks for the same batteries.

Adding new batteries to an old bank, usually just rapidly ages the new ones til they are a bad as the old ones.

If you must parallel batteries, this website
http://www.smartgauge.co.uk/batt_con.html
has a good tutorial on how and why (with all the math) so you can get the most life out of your expensive batteries
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: GuyCaron on November 14, 2020, 08:13:17 AM
I had 4 AGM group 27 for a total of 368Amp.
I have added 3 more batteries for a total of 7 x 92 Amps or 644Amps
Do I need to change the Total capacity somewhere?
My total Capacity on the app shows 400 (Ah) on the Battery Status meter?
If so where is this being changed, I looked everywhere

If you are  using the Local Status App then you go to Config / Advanced / Battery Status Meter  and you will see  capacity and you can change it there.

Also I agree with what Mike said above.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

KyleM

I always agree with Larry    ;D ;D ;D
-Kyle

boB

I agree with Kyle here...

I think...
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me