MNGP Battery

Started by schroew, November 25, 2019, 10:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schroew

Is there a log or alert to indicate an issue with the MNGP button battery? I may have inserted it too far.

ClassicCrazy

I notice the MNGP battery not working or dead when restarting the classic - if the time doesn't stay and goes back to default time then that is a good indication the battery is too low . I think that is pretty much the only function of the battery is for the clock but someone can correct me if I am wrong about that.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

FNG

The only thing the coin battery does is maintain the time on the MNGP during a power cycle. If you set Time Sync to OFF so you can use the local app to sync the time then the coin battery doesnt do anything at all

There is no alarm or alert on it though

schroew

OK- I was wondering because I either forgot to press enter when I was setting the date/time during config or the battery didn't get inserted correctly when it popped out as I was removing the paper insert. I guess I will have to completely power cycle the next time I am there to see..
thx!

billmill

So did you find out why your batteries were depleted?  Mine did the same last month.  I am wondering if they did not receive a full charge since it has been raining and not getting enough light?  I aslo think there may be a bad cell in one of my batteries so I unhooked them, reconditioned them with my car charger and recharged them and hooked them back up.  Now that the sun is out it seems as if they are ok???  I am hoping I dont have to buy new batteries since I just built my system last year.  Still tying to work the bugs out.