2 of 3 charge controller Resting

Started by ForeverHomestead, August 10, 2020, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverHomestead

I have 3 classic 150 CC in Follow Me mode.  They have been working great for the last 3 years.  A couple days ago the master and one of the other charge controller show resting.  Even in full sun with batteries not at 100 percent they are resting.  I turned the whole system off and re started and that corrected it breifly, but then the same two went back to resting. 

I also tried taking them all out of Follow mode and that did not help.

Any ideas.  Only running off of 1 controller sure makes it hard to get the batteries charged

boB

Is the one Classic that is running in Absorb or Bulk MPPT when the other 2 Classics are resting ?

How close to the Absorb voltage is the one that is running ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Hello Forever ..,  Welcome to the Forum.

In addition  to what  boB  mentioned,  will  say,  that   SOC readings are not  necessarily a  perfect  indication  of  the  actual SOC.   And the  accuracy of  that reading can  vary,  due  to Rate  of battery discharge,   charge,   efficiency settings,  etc.

Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!