Heart broken

Started by sdmasterson, December 21, 2021, 12:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurt_the_German

Hey midniters,
here's a bit of suggestion for the marketing department of yours.
Why not create a sub-brand called "Not so Midnite", "China-Nite" or something else clearly distinguishable under which you can sell stuff made in China?
That would help folks like me to avoid it and still support made in the US if you actually continue to manufacture your other stuff here.

boB

Quote from: Kurt_the_German on November 27, 2022, 03:57:58 PM
Hey midniters,
here's a bit of suggestion for the marketing department of yours.
Why not create a sub-brand called "Not so Midnite", "China-Nite" or something else clearly distinguishable under which you can sell stuff made in China?
That would help folks like me to avoid it and still support made in the US if you actually continue to manufacture your other stuff here.

Hi Kurt !

Our "DIY" series is exactly that....   I do like the name though, "Not So MidNite"  !

The DIY stuff is made in China and is less expensive which is a bit more affordable for a lot of do it yourselfers.  But we also offer support which helps a lot.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dapdan

All,

This is an old post but I think the information is still relevant. I have had a MN DIY 3024 installed for nearly 2 years(in July 2024) and it has worked flawlessly for that period. I have no regret at all and know that I have received more than it value for its cost. My only recommendation to improve this excellent AIO is as follows:

1. The input PV to be at least 150V instead of the 100V
2. The input PV power to be increased to at least 2000W from the current 1400W.

Other than those two, especially 1., it is a very good inverter.

Cheers...
Damani