News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

HB Data Log SOC Min/Max error

Started by aaapilot, February 17, 2024, 03:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaapilot

I've noticed the HB Data Log SOC Min & Max number is static at 10%.  All other page numbers appear correct.  Using BETA 24.1.17.1 and MNGP2 BETA 24.1.24.  The ROSIE Data Log SOC Min & Max numbers are correct, same BETA firmware.  WBjr is installed in the Rosie and the HB is "Linked'.  See pics below.  Anyone else verify?  Did I miss a setting?
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\

Wizbandit

Logs are specific to the device.  Since only one has the WBjr installed it is the only one that can display SOC%  Each device, the Hawkes Bay, Barcelona and Rosie can have the WBjr as an "external device" each one can provide the SOC% to the "system".  The MNGP2 is the "SYSTEM CONTROLLER" and picks which device provides data services to the "System" such as SOC, BTS and RBS. 10% means CAL or SOC not calibrated or device not enabled or installed.

aaapilot

Quote from: Wizbandit on February 17, 2024, 04:26:39 PMLogs are specific to the device.  Since only one has the WBjr installed it is the only one that can display SOC%  Each device, the Hawkes Bay, Barcelona and Rosie can have the WBjr as an "external device" each one can provide the SOC% to the "system".  The MNGP2 is the "SYSTEM CONTROLLER" and picks which device provides data services to the "System" such as SOC, BTS and RBS. 10% means CAL or SOC not calibrated or device not enabled or installed.

If I understand correctly, this number will always be 10% if I don't have a WBjr installed in the HB itself and it won't list the 'system' SOC as it's device specific.  If I did install a WBjr into the HB, but wired it to the Rosie shunt, it should give me a number since it would sense that it is 'installed', but it would just be the same as the Rosie, I imagine, so not gaining any value.

Under Setup/MPPT/External sensors/WBjr: Disabled/Battery/DC Out/3rd Party  What should I choose in its present configuration or does it matter?  I currently have it set to battery, same as the Rosie setting.  Thanks much!!
_ _ _ _ _

FNG

On the Hbay you should disable it that way the 10% will go away. You are correct you could put a second one but there is no value to the system

aaapilot

Sounds great!  Thank you for the explanation Ryan :)
_ _ _ _ _

aaapilot

Quote from: FNG on February 18, 2024, 05:36:27 AMOn the Hbay you should disable it that way the 10% will go away. You are correct you could put a second one but there is no value to the system

FYI FNG, I changed the HB External Sensor to DISABLED.  The HB Data Log still shows 'SOC Min 10% Max 10%' :(
_ _ _ _ _