News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Hawke's Bay testing in Texas

Started by Highflyer, August 21, 2021, 06:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vic

Did retest the Barcelona,  realize that this IS the HB Topic,  but had assumed that it shared this code with the HB.

YES,  the time delay to dimming does work on 1, and 2 minute settings.  The dimming is very subtle.  BUT,  the CC is mounted in a small room,  without any outside light,  so,  the MNGP2 display is always fairly bright.  In high ambient light conditions,  would have the normal brightness set fairly high,  so the difference would be more dramatic,  would guess.

Works fine,  IMO,  I will try to keep my comments specific to the proper Topic.

Will note, though,  the menu system (on the Barcelona),  sure is very intuitive.  Great work!
Thanks,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Highflyer

Vic,

It is all good, the MNGP2 is common to both. 

Also found the 1 and 2 minute dimming worked. I would agree it could dim more or even extinguish after a certain time limit.  I have been using mine as night lights in the barn, so I like full bright.

I'll play with more minutes and get back to this thread.  Anyone else try 5 minutes or say 10 minutes?
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Highflyer

I have updated the software in both MNGPs, Hawk's Bay and Barcelona.  The voice callouts are much better.  I will have to play with the charge controllers in better sunlight to see how the updates do.  I have seen no new issues so far.  All in all, things are maturing well.  I look forward to an awesome year of Midnite stuff!  This stuff is starting to show up for sale in al the normal places.  Fingers crossed.
Brian

ClassicCrazy

I didn't even realize the voice worked . I just turned it on and it sounds okay .
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Highflyer

Voice is working even batter after this latest software load.  HB and Barcelona are now improving even more.  I have a few more functions with each and the naming conventions are far more intuitive.  I like that the device name remains at the top of the screen as you navigate further into the menus.  It makes it easier to know which device I am adjusting which really comes in handy when working with all three.

Now if I could just see the sun without strapping on a jet, I would be able to see what the entire system could really do.  Come on sun!

Brian

ClassicCrazy

Have you tried Global Charge limit ?
Is it to keep charge to battery at set level but let all the other current go to loads?
I guess I should try it one of these days .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Highflyer

I have not as I only have 6kW worth of panels up right now, so no worry about too much input.
Brian

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Highflyer on February 02, 2023, 06:25:12 PMI have not as I only have 6kW worth of panels up right now, so no worry about too much input.

I will have to give it a try - I want a controlled ouput at a lower amperage to see if I can prolong the balancing cycle of bms on my lithium batteries. The Classic wouldn't go low enough so it will be interesting to see what the HB can do.
We have been having lots of sun here - and lots of real cold temps too ! But I will take the sun with the cold rather than overcast and warmer cold temps.
Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

FNG

Global current limit is not functioning yet. I just released all new firmwares that hides all the non functional features

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: FNG on February 03, 2023, 06:09:07 AMGlobal current limit is not functioning yet. I just released all new firmwares that hides all the non functional features

I just did those updates.
Does this mean that all the Aux functions that are showing are now functional ?
Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Highflyer

Well I changed out the solar panels for HB again. I added another 1000 watts of panels. I can now make more amps (65 with the current clouding).  To date, the fans have rarely come on in the low setting if at all.  I am going to try to add a few more panels this weekend and see what I get.  I'm going to remain busy.
Brian

Highflyer

Well I was not satisfied with 65 amps of charging, so I added a few more panels to the array for HB.  I am pulling down the batteries a bit to watch the magic tomorrow.  HB should be around 80 amps if I get clean sunlight.  Fingers crossed.
Brian

Highflyer

Well, we are pulling in 4.2 kW from the new HB array, that makes 75 Amps.  I think I need to add another panel or two!  But I am getting close to the voltage limits, so I have to be careful!  More as we have it.  But to date, everything is running well.
Brian

Highflyer

Well after realigning the panels a bit, we were able to get 4.3 kW out of the current panels that is 77 amps.  I will be adding one more panel and that should get us over 80 amps of output I am looking to get. 

More soon, oh and I still have not heard the fans on high other than startup.
Brian

Highflyer

Well I added another panel to Hawk's Bay's array (single string).  I have seen 87.2 amps from HB and all seems cool.  I expect full sun later today so who knows how many amps I will see then.  Using both HB and Barcelona, it is funny to see how much energy I can capture.  It is almost scary. Oh and I found out that at around 75 amps of output, HB's fan comes on in the low setting and stays on most of the time.  I guess High might be used during the summer.
Brian