Odd MNGP Behavior

Started by openplanet, November 03, 2021, 12:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

openplanet

I have three Classics, all working just fine (no surprise there!)
On one of the three, however, the following happens when I push the "enter" button:

*loud beep
*screen goes blank (i.e. all pixels off)
*red led comes on (on MNGP)
*screen goes black (i.e. all pixels on)
*red led off + Midnite name and logo on MNGP
*MNGP info screen (firmware, serial, etc.) + red led on-off-on

This all takes around 5 seconds.
Thoughts?
Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIANk7zQ05w

boB

Try to check to see if maybe one of the buttons are "stuck"  on ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

What version of the firmware are you on ?
Did you try a VMM reset to see if that fixes the issue ?

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

openplanet

Did a hard reset, set my parameters back to my normal, symptom has now changed.
When I hit enter I get a continuous hifreq-lowfreq-hifreq-lowfreq audio that doesn't stop until I hit the "menu" button.
I can then hit "status" and get a status screen, but when I hit "enter" the whole sequence starts over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIANk7zQ05w

boB

Quote from: openplanet on November 03, 2021, 05:03:30 PM
When I hit enter I get a continuous hifreq-lowfreq-hifreq-lowfreq audio that doesn't stop until I hit the "menu" button.
I can then hit "status" and get a status screen, but when I hit "enter" the whole sequence starts over.

Well !   That annoying siren sound verifies that you most likely have the latest firmware !

We are working on testing the software that fixes that and some other things as well.

That ugly sounds was not supposed to be there !   Sorry.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: boB on November 04, 2021, 02:02:21 PM

Well !   That annoying siren sound verifies that you most likely have the latest firmware !

We are working on testing the software that fixes that and some other things as well.

boB
Bob I think that beta firmware  you posted a year or two ago fixed that siren noise.
I am using
MNGP 2197
Classic 2245

Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on November 04, 2021, 04:02:32 PM
Quote from: boB on November 04, 2021, 02:02:21 PM

boB
Bob I think that beta firmware  you posted a year or two ago fixed that siren noise.
I am using
MNGP 2197
Classic 2245

Larry

Thank you Larry !    I thought I did that but I think that software did NOT make it into production !

That needs to happen !   BUT now, there are a couple other changes we need to add to the MNGP remote so I think that may wait just a teeny bit.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me