Started a "Chop" Saw at dusk ~ Classic Went Crazy

Started by Matrix, November 12, 2021, 11:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matrix

This has never happened before.  And when it happened I thought it was my inverters Warning Sound, a very annoying sound shouting out from over by my load center indicating an under voltage or something.  But it wasn't.  It was the Classic 150.  I saw no lights blinking, or warnings on the screen,  but it was letting off this God Awful warning horn like I had just experienced some kind of thermal melt down and the neighborhood needed to run for cover.

What did I do?  I started a chop saw.  I was doing some work working.  The Classic 150 was resting.  The SW4024 was not being overloaded,  probably seeing about 400 watts.  But I start the Chop saw and the classic goes nuts.  Only way I could see to stop it was to turn it off.  No problem after that.  (except I lost all readings for the day).

System is now a 730 Ah LFP 8s3p battery bank that was at 75% charge. 

Why did the Classic do this?   I have searched the manual for what the warning was, but not seeing anything.  I looked in the Local App for faults from today and did not see anything.  What thru the classic into a spasm?  Low Voltage something or other?   Over Current thing a ma bob? 

I'm Stumped?
Grid-Assist Off-Grid
REC TwinPeak 2 285W 3S-3P 2565w-STC 1926w-NMOT Array / Classic 150 / Conext SW 4024 Inverter
Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah bank 4S  with 7' of 4/0 cable
24 volt system /  Need 3200Whs Daily
My System Install

ClassicCrazy

Maybe it was the arc fault or ground fault  alarms.
I vaguely seem to remember that alarm  you are talking about  but I have the arc fault turned off  long time turned off.
Maybe you want to check all your connections - I am guessing your chop saw has a big surge.
Someone else may have more experience with that.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Yeah, I hate that sound too...

When it happens again, you might want to check the LCD screen to see if it shows an arc fault.  Some appliances can have internal arcing that can fool these things into thinking there is an arc.  I hate that too.

If it is an arc fault, you should be able to just press a button on the Classic's keyboard and stop that fault.

You can also go into the TWEAKS menu and either turn the AF  totally OFF or even adjust its sensitivity to a lower setting.

Also, you can either turn the audio sound off or down.

The siren isn't a very happy sound.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me