user manual or...

Started by dmarkut, February 09, 2022, 11:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmarkut

Is there a manual or a description of all the trackable elements in the mymidnite2.com online software?

And what does it take to get SOC and Net AH to display something...

Thank you,

M

Vic

Hi dmarkut,  welcome to the Forum.

For SOC,  and Net Ah,  the the/one Classic needs a Shunt  and the WbJr accessory.

Also,  here is a Video,  which may help:
https://midnitesolar.com/video/videoPlay.php?video_ID=144&videoCat_ID=24

More later,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

dmarkut

Questions:
1) So I got web Connection working several days ago. The video was nice, but I was already there.  I can turn on and off the various measurements. Use the control box at the bottom to zoom in on results. So now I need to know what each measurement really is telling me. And it isn't clear to me.

2) I have a 24 volt system. Voltage settings. 28.4 28.4, 27.2. Ending is set to 0. As Jim @ MS told me. He also said that I might need to bump to 28.6 due to variation in how the MS regulates voltage. Absorb time is set to 1 hr. Ending is Set to 0, so does that create only one trigger point to go from absorb to float as in the timer? Based on the chart, that seems to be close.

3) What I am seeing is excess panel power. So I could put an additional battery Bank in. So that's good. I see float keeping up with minimal power needs while I am away from the cabin so that is also good. The question is, what happens in absorb when I say, run the microwave? MS behavior? Does the higher demand during absorb cause a pass thru as it seems to do during float? More going to house needs and less to charging for that time period?

4) I have set Absorb to 1 hour, And during that one hour I can see the amps going down, all the way to 3.6 amps before it goes into float  so my thought was that with amps going down, the battery was full. But now I am wondering if the amp reading is amps against 28.4 and not total battery capacity of 3.6 What makes me think this is that my overkill BMS is saying 79% SOC. And has for weeks. So I thought the BMS would reset when the battery hit full capacity. But I am thinking now that because I am set to 28.4, 28.4, 27.2, that "full" is defined by 28.4 and not 29.2 which would be 3.65v each for 8 cells. So are amps going down is against the 28.4 setting?

5) I like the 28.4 setting because its a warm charge instead of a hot charge. More gentle on the cells. But at the same time I would like to get SOC to 85% or even better sometimes to make sure that overnight capacity for grandkids who might leave lights on etc. is covered. So extending the charge time doesn't seem to be needed against 28.4 because the chart says I get there during absorb. How can I get the SOC up into the 80's or even 90's when I want to? Is my only option to increase voltage from 28.4 to 28.6?

Or basically do I need to keep fiddling until I find some sweet spot? OR am I already there?

And yes, I have ordered a WhizBang Jr.

Thanks,

Mark

dmarkut

What is the difference between Classic Amps and Whiz bang Jr Amps

Is there a way to show overnight negative wats consumption overnight or let amps go negative?

Again has someone put together a manual so we can understand the meaning of the various measurements and how MS is working?

I understand that MS CLASSIC 250 wasn't made for lithium. And they say there is a way to make settings to make it work. and the MS is most reliable CC ever made. But even the new manual isn't always clear to me. I am sure there is appropriate logic I just don't get.

Mark

dmarkut

Another question. IF I run a generator combined with solar, does the ms reflect the combined effect or just the solar impact? is the software reporting something additive? It doesn't seem so.

thank you... I'll shut down now for a while.

M

Vic

Hi dmarkut,

Have you seen the following Video:
https://www.midnitesolar.com/video/videoPlay.php?video_ID=89&videoCat_ID=18

Here is the installation manual for the WbJr,  which explains a number of the functions:
https://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/10-264-1_REV_F.pdf

Busy now.  More later,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!