Amp Limit Display Message

Started by jasperjane, June 15, 2022, 09:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasperjane

Hi there everyone. I have a Midnite Classic 250 and a 24v battery bank that has an intermittent flashing display in the lower part of the screen that says “Amp Limit”. I can’t seem to figure out why it is flashing, what does it mean, or what the controller does in this event, or what I should do.

194.4v in
568 watts at sunset
27.1 Battery
20.8 amps coming in
Float Mode
Alternate Flash Amp Limit

Not sure if I should put the entire system down but this is the screen display. The limit menu says output 63 amps input 99 26.4v min max 30v and the next screen just says hi battery temp but it doesn’t look like it is a correct temperature display just a Midnite solar input

Can anyone lend me insight

ClassicCrazy

You could do a VMM factory  reset and then put in all your settings again and see if that fixes the issue.
Follow instructions for Factory restore here
https://www.midnitesolar.com/firmwareReport.php?firmware_ID=19&firmwareProduct_ID=1&act=edit

"To do a Factory Restore or a Quick Start first turn the battery and solar power to the Classic off. Next, turn the battery power back on while holding the Left and Right arrows. Hold the arrows until the Solar, Wind or Hydro screen pops up. Follow the on screen prompts and continue setup. Note: This will reset all settings to factory defaults. You will need to reset any custom settings such as Aux 1 and 2. You may want to write these settings down for reference prior to resetting the Classic."

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Well, it would seem that it is trying to say that the Classic is putting out more amps than it is either rated for or it is too hot ?

But it is only putting out less than 600 watts for a 24V battery so I do not think that is the issue.

When you say 20 amps coming in, do you mean 20 amps coming into the Classic from the PV or 20 amps coming into the battery ?

Maybe the Classic is broken ?   Can you take a short video and post it so we can see what the display is doing here ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

LilMT

Just out of curiosity, have you ran the number for system through the string sizing tool?
Thanks,
LilMT

Classic 250, 3s2p Trina Solar 405watt, 8 Renogy 200ah for 48V 400ah, Magnasine 4448 inverter.