Constant disconnects

Started by Simonbr, July 09, 2022, 10:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simonbr

I just installed the local status panel app and its constantly disconnecting. Cant figure out what is going on but did find threads in the past about this problem. Just to mention I am a computer and network service technician so this setup is not anything that took any thinking for me.

My current setup is the Midnite connected with cat6 cable to a PoE 5 port switch which is also connected to my starlink, and my laptop is connected to the starlink WIFI.

boB

That shouldn't be happening of course.

How often is constantly ?  Can you see anything at all before it disconnects ?

How long does it take to re-connect.

Thinking...  It should be staying connected of course.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Simonbr on July 09, 2022, 10:05:25 AM
I just installed the local status panel app and its constantly disconnecting. Cant figure out what is going on but did find threads in the past about this problem. Just to mention I am a computer and network service technician so this setup is not anything that took any thinking for me.

My current setup is the Midnite connected with cat6 cable to a PoE 5 port switch which is also connected to my starlink, and my laptop is connected to the starlink WIFI.

Local Status app seems to do that disconnecting screen often - though when I updated to Windows 11 it was less frequent.
But now that I have switched to using the Raspberry Pi to monitor my Classics - I use that most all the time and only use Local Status app when I want to write changes to the Classic settings. I also use the Local Status app to back up my settings and restore them if needed.
Otherwise there are better options for monitoring the Classic.
Look here for some info - the raspberry pi option is in the MQTT section  and there is also an Android app that can be used direct to Classic or via the other mqtt options.
https://github.com/ClassicDIY

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Simonbr

Weird that it started working fine the next day, haven't had issues since.