DIY Series Equipment Certification ?

Started by Steve_S, June 03, 2022, 12:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_S

Running into a PROBLEM.  This is affecting people Purchasing choices and having a Deleterious Effect on product sales.
PLEASE - Common-Sense application for ALL products actually.
Clearly indicate if X Device is UL/CSA/ETL Certified or NOT !

Many Insurance Companies will NOT Cover squat if not properly Certified/Listed equipment is used regardless if DIY & Inspected or Pro Installed & Inspected.  Albeit most "pro installers" would not use anything without said Certifications. 

I know this is not new BUT I have just had to field a LOT of Q's from Canadians and some EU Folks about Just This, this morning. 
Also indicate if Pending Certification or in process, maybe.   

boB

OK, so what I just learned is that the DIY5048  and  DIY3024  we have ARE ETL listed BUT if you go to the ETL site and look it up, it will show as SRNE had listed it.   We (MidNite) are having stickers made that we will legally be able to plop on these using so that it has the correct ETL number that will show up as ETL listed and as MidNite Solar.

The next batch of DIY inverters coming this way will all be properly ETL listed as MidNite Solar.

You may be able to just wait until these new stickers are ready to go.  I, myself, do not know when that happens but I or someone else will post that here (hopefully here) when we know.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Steve_S

Thanks for the Reply Bob

Past few years the DIY universe has changed drastically with Solar Power Demand being what it is BUT the inspectors are also getting difficult, to the point where one neighbour had everything all finished up (beautifully done, Telecoms Eng so very pro job) and the ESA Inspector came and would not even look at there was no CSA/UL-C Stickers.  Another fellow down the road did his system up, also a Very nice job, ESA Inspected & Passed with flying colours but the Insurance Co said NO again due to lack of certs.    You know Insurance Co's, they are a royal PITA and they are so Clay Footed when it comes to change of anything.

boB

Quote from: Steve_S on June 04, 2022, 04:53:48 AM
Thanks for the Reply Bob

Past few years the DIY universe has changed drastically with Solar Power Demand being what it is BUT the inspectors are also getting difficult, to the point where one neighbour had everything all finished up (beautifully done, Telecoms Eng so very pro job) and the ESA Inspector came and would not even look at there was no CSA/UL-C Stickers.  Another fellow down the road did his system up, also a Very nice job, ESA Inspected & Passed with flying colours but the Insurance Co said NO again due to lack of certs.    You know Insurance Co's, they are a royal PITA and they are so Clay Footed when it comes to change of anything.

Yep !   Isn't that the job of insurance companies ?    NOT to pay ?   😁😂
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Cabinfever

I am considering purchasing the 3024 unit this week. Would I be able to get said certification sticker sent to me when they are available ?

Idaho Solar Enthusiast

Quote from: Cabinfever on June 10, 2022, 06:55:02 PMI am considering purchasing the 3024 unit this week. Would I be able to get said certification sticker sent to me when they are available ?

I also purchased the 3024 recently - is the ETL process complete?  Perhaps stickers available?  I believe this is the ETL listing for the SRNE branded version of your 3024?

https://ramuk.intertekconnect.com/WebClients/ITS/DLP/products.nsf/4c8700f3b75987a08525777700583333/d3bfe1b187a5e9108625893c003a435d?OpenDocument