Big and Expensive Idea :)

Started by LilMT, January 25, 2023, 07:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilMT

The Classic can already send some of the registry values to MyMidnite2 for display purposes - what if:

The Classic was able to send all registry values to MM2 as well as read those values from MM2.  Then adjust the local app to be able to read and write those same registry values to MM2.  Along with a new "Update Soon" registry.  When the Classic send an update to MM2 on its normal cycle, it also checks the "Update Soon" registry.  If it has a true flag then it downloads all values to itself.  I realize that not all values would/should be posted up or pulled down but you get the idea.  Once the pull is successful, reset update soon flag to false and set "Current Config" registry to True.

For those folks that are getting stuck behind CGnat this should work without requiring localized VPN hardware.

Like I said Big and expensive, but sure would be cool.

Thanks,
LilMT

Classic 250, 3s2p Trina Solar 405watt, 8 Renogy 200ah for 48V 400ah, Magnasine 4448 inverter.

ClassicCrazy

I am not following you .
You can already save Classic settings via Local Status app and then restore them.
So I don't understand what you mean or want to do exactly ?

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

LilMT

The use case would be for someone like me were my system is off grid with something like Starlink.  I can't use Dynamic DNS since SL uses CGNAT.  And since I am not there all the time (yet), when I want to adjust something I either call a neighbor to trudge over to my place or make a couple of hundred-mile trip.  I know there are some home-brew solutions available but, regetably I am not literate enough with most of the PI controllers etc. 

I could probably set up a VPN service that would work but for me, I don't like paying a too much for something I will only use a couple times a year.  I am also not a fan of having to leave a PC on non-stop to gain external access to my network (power is a premium).  Maybe there is a router I could buy that would connect to a VPN service instead (I will have to check on that). 

What gave me the idea was when I set up a Roku camera.  This is the methodology that they use.  It allows me to monitor and control the cameras remotely without ever having to directly connect to them.

I am planning to set up my generator (Kohler) this weekend with a system that is supposed to do the same thing.  If that works as well as my cameras do, I will then try it with Magweb for my Magnum inverter.  If all of that works as advertised, I will be able to monitor and control everything except the Classic remotely.

When I am able to move down full time it will become a basically moot point, except when I happen to leave for any amount of time.

Hope that makes sense.  Pretty certain this is a pipe dream and someday I will just have to work on building some kind of PI module (or something) that will work.  Maybe a middleman module that would plug into the Classic on one side and network on the other and use one of the middle server streaming protocols to connect to web service.

Conceptually I get it, just need to work out bits and pieces.  :)

Have a great day all.
Thanks,
LilMT

Classic 250, 3s2p Trina Solar 405watt, 8 Renogy 200ah for 48V 400ah, Magnasine 4448 inverter.

ClassicCrazy

Okay - I understand now what you want to do and why.

Larry 
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable