Anyone have these brand (aolithium) batteries ,what Do you think of them ?

Started by Taos, September 27, 2023, 07:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taos

I'm looking at buying aolithium batteries 51.2 volt 100amp hour rack system  x4 for total of 400amp hours , if you have this brand what do you think ,are they ok ?
Thanks Don
400watt x12= (4800watts)Canadian solar panels,ground mount, (400 AH ) 16 Ao lithium 12volt 100ah 4s lithium  batteries , outback vfx3648 inverter 48 volt,midnite solar classic 150 charge controler,midnite solar e panel mne175al,3 surge protectors,wiz bang junior.

ClassicCrazy

You want to look at the type of cells they have in them .
Also you want to do some research on the type of bms they have in them.
And look for a tear down anyone has done to take a look at the build quality.
All the 100ah lithium batteries are similar but the above factors are what differentiates their value.
I have been using Jakiper ( Orient Power) lithium. The first ones I got were available with free shipping when no one else had them. They soon came out with a much better built model after I bought the ones that I have. I got one more of the Jakiper powerwall type ( but same bms). It is super solid and has better cells but same bms so integrates with the other batteries.
I suggest you watch some videos from Off Grid Garage because he spends a lot of time discussing and figuring out all the intricacies of bms designs and performance.
For me I am also interested in what software is available to monitor and tweak any bms settings. The Jakiper / Orient Power uses Pace bms and has pretty good software, but I also am able to use better open source graphing software that runs all the time on a raspberry pi.
When I first got the lithium batteries I have I didn't understand all the nuances of the things above that I mentioned. It takes awhile to really understand some of these things - at least for me.
Not sure if you are in the USA but Orient Power has a special free shipping deal now on pre order of bigger 11.7kwh battery.
https://www.opsolarbattery.com/?ref=ZNlsLYDprVCVZI
https://youtu.be/cnbVvFHnA3I?si=H5HuaHowIVfTUeS5

I just looked at those AO Lithium batteries on their website.
A few things I note -
They have a plug in type connector rather than ring stud terminals.
Not sure what kind of bms is that is but other have a different layout.
They say free shipping and the price is attractive now at $1400 each.
Some of the other companies may offer a free rack with the purchase of 4 batteries.
compare this spec with others
Lifespan: More than 4000 cycles @ 85% DOD, more than 6000 cycles @ 80% DOD.
but most important is the type of cells and build quality

It is all a bit of a gamble with buying the budget lithium batteries because who knows if they will really last the 7 to 10 years warranties most claim, and if those companies will be around in that amount of time. And what does a real warranty mean ? Is anyone really going to ship 100 pound batteries back , or will the warranty be really that they will supply you with new cells or bms that you would need to install yourself ?
But the gamble is that these budget batteries cost a lot less than the others .

Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Taos

Thanks for your input , they say grade A cells in the battery ,im not sure on there bms there other products have good reviews,I have a hard time buying from them when it takes them several days to get back to me with answers on there website in chat , they don't answer there phone they reply a day later as a text message , they want full payment at time of order, and say a  delivery date a month  later , some info on there website is wrong. I'm shying away from purchasing from them .
Thanks again Larry
Don
400watt x12= (4800watts)Canadian solar panels,ground mount, (400 AH ) 16 Ao lithium 12volt 100ah 4s lithium  batteries , outback vfx3648 inverter 48 volt,midnite solar classic 150 charge controler,midnite solar e panel mne175al,3 surge protectors,wiz bang junior.

ClassicCrazy

Check out Signature Solar ( EG4 batteries) , Current Connected ( SOK bateries) , or Orient Power ( Jakiper batteries). Most of those dealers have them in stock and you can find tear down reviews of them on youtube. Also I have heard good things about Trophy batteries.
Some of them specify that they use Eve or Catyl lithium cells and have posted testing info on them. Some of the newer batteries have some kind of rating that qualifies them for insurance purposes I think. Most of the above have software available to monitor the individual cells, alarms, and general health of the batteries.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable