News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Barcelona Max Charge Setting

Started by Groton Vermont, November 11, 2023, 01:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groton Vermont

Hey all,

Anyone know how to reach the MAX CHARGE setting on the MNGP2?
I have a Rosie, Barcelona, Fortress Evault. The Battery has a maximum charging current of 150A, so I need to limit the charger to that. I can adjust the MPPT1 & 2 to 75A but I think the MAX CHARGE setting would be better to use, it doesn't show up on the Battery Config menu or at least, I can not find it.

Thanks in advance

Jim

Groton Vermont

Actually the Fortress Battery has a nominal charge rate of 150A and a maximum charge rate of 185A which my system is unlikely to reach. But maybe in the winter it could get there so it would be good to be able to set the system maximum battery charge rate at 185A.

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Groton Vermont on November 11, 2023, 01:19:35 PMHey all,

Anyone know how to reach the MAX CHARGE setting on the MNGP2?
I have a Rosie, Barcelona, Fortress Evault. The Battery has a maximum charging current of 150A, so I need to limit the charger to that. I can adjust the MPPT1 & 2 to 75A but I think the MAX CHARGE setting would be better to use, it doesn't show up on the Battery Config menu or at least, I can not find it.

Thanks in advance

Jim
I have Hawkes Bay MNGP2 which should be the same and I don't see a setting for Max Charge amps anywhere. Maybe one will show up in a future firmware . The Classic has that feature.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: boB on November 11, 2023, 11:06:42 PMMight be in the battery menu ?

I didn't see that in the battery menu on mine .
23.11.6 firmware

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Wizbandit

Global Battery Current Limit function is not available yet...
It is planned on a future Firmware Release... no date...

Groton Vermont

Quote from: Wizbandit on November 12, 2023, 01:37:39 PMGlobal Battery Current Limit function is not available yet...
It is planned on a future Firmware Release... no date...

It is mentioned in the manual.
It would be good to have it as limiting the current using the MPPT would result in wastage of potential solar to run loads at the same time as charging batteries as it's just the batteries that have the charge limit.

While I'm here, the internet connectivity would be handy as well, just a niceaty but to be able to monitor the system while away would be a nice touch.