News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

LED green/yellow indicators & Cover Screws

Started by aaapilot, January 09, 2024, 06:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaapilot

Hi all.  Couple of general questions for the 'collective' :)

There are 2 LED's lights on the bottom of the Rosie, just above the positive & negative battery terminal.  One green and one yellow; what do they indicate?  Are they either on or off or also have a 'blinking' status meaning?  Can't find in the manual. I noticed them while acceptance testing w/the cover off, can't see them w/the E-panel cover on.  Just curious.

Rosie E-Panel screws that hold on the cover. The screws I received are .5" length for the threaded portion and are too long.  They bottom out before the cover is securely attached and I didn't want to crank on them.  The E-Panel manual does not show the specified screw length. (The Rosie only manual breaks out specific parts list, but the E-Panel Manual does not) I also have a Hawks Bay/E-panel and these screws are also .5" long but appear to hold securely, though a couple seem to bottom out before the cover is tight. The BB125 manual does have a specific parts list and these should be 10-32x.375 PHP Black, but mine arrived w/10-32x.5" which mostly work.  So, I'm thinking the Rosie E-panel cover screws should be 10-32x.375" as well and I just got the wrong ones in the box?

Thanks!

Dave
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\

Wizbandit

Green Solid = Inverter Enabled
Yellow Solid = AC in good and connected
Yellow Blinking = AC bad or good but not connected (check the AC BUTTON)
Alternating = Firmware Updating
OUT = Battery Dead or Battery breaker Off

Breaker box and Cover screws on early production were short and long, did you mix them up?
I had to get a 10-32 bottom tap and tap mine to the bottom because I never keep them separate, if Ace does not have a tap you can get a regular tap and grind the point off and make a bottoming tap.  You want the longer ones, short ones tend to strip out real fast after you take them out 20 or 30 times.

aaapilot

Quote from: Wizbandit on January 09, 2024, 07:42:28 PMGreen Solid = Inverter Enabled
Yellow Solid = AC in good and connected
Yellow Blinking = AC bad or good but not connected (check the AC BUTTON)
Alternating = Firmware Updating
OUT = Battery Dead or Battery breaker Off

Breaker box and Cover screws on early production were short and long, did you mix them up?
I had to get a 10-32 bottom tap and tap mine to the bottom because I never keep them separate, if Ace does not have a tap you can get a regular tap and grind the point off and make a bottoming tap.  You want the longer ones, short ones tend to strip out real fast after you take them out 20 or 30 times.

I don't think I mixed them up, no short screws were in the boxes, at least that I found.  Just probably caught in the changeover as the equipment evolved.  Good info, I'll find a tap and make the holes longer. Like you, I could never keep them separate anyway :) Thanks again for the advice and the meaning of the LED lights!

Dave
_ _ _ _ _

aaapilot

Just a quick update.  Picked up a tap today, lengthened the holes, and the covers are now secure :). Thanks Wizbandit!  Here's a pic with covers installed.

_ _ _ _ _