News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Error/Fault after Reboot

Started by aaapilot, January 19, 2024, 04:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaapilot

Turned on Rosie yesterday after being shut down for 5 days, connected to 25kw Pytes V5 Lithium batteries.  HB also on, no solar input connected, and no load connected to the Rosie, just input AC.  After 15-20 min in this 'idle' setting, the Rosie emitted two 'screeching' sounds about 2 sec apart, shut down, red error light, and Fault screen showed OVER TEMP & PEAK OVER CURRENT messages.  Reset Rosie and all normal.  However, at the same time stamp, my SMA 7KW string-tie inverter shut down with an Arc Fault error code, 5 GFCI outlets in our home popped, and 3 'touch on/off' lamps came on. I assumed the SMA inverter was the cause, however it reset normally and ran all day just fine and the Rosie ran at idle all night without any issues.

This morning, I updated the MNGP2/HB/Rosie with new Beta firmware, MNGP2 first, then Rosie and all went well.  About 30 sec after the Rosie came back online, it emitted a single short 'screeching' sound and as before, error light and same Fault messages OVER TEMP & PEAK OVER CURRENT.  3 GFCI circuits popped, touch lamps illuminated, but the SMA inverter continued to operate with no issues/error codes. (Weather wise, it was 12F outside and the utility room with this equipment was 46F)

So .... anyone else experienced this w/Rosie or have any thoughts on what else might be causing these anomalies?  Everything is new in this system so I've been bringing it up one piece at a time so I can work out problems as things come online versus throwing everything on at once and fingers crossed. The SMA system has been online for 6 weeks without any errors. I went ahead and connected the Backup load panel to Rosie about an hour ago and both pass-thru & inverter power has worked as advertised.  The new AC1 & AC2 displays are GREAT by the way, thank you FNG!
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\

boB

Do you remember around what voltage the battery was ?

Do you think you heard the relay click in the Rosie to connect the grid to charge ?  46 degrees inside should be fine.

The same line noise that made the screeching and tripped the GFIs and lights on is most likely the same noise that triggered the SMA's Arc-Fault.

Arc fault can be very sensitive to any noise on its AC side.

Thank you for the report.  Please lettuce know if anything like this happens again. 

We are banging our heads together.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

FNG

The Over Temp error is a bug I do believe. I have reported this to Engineering in the past. I will chat with Engineering again Monday on the Over Temp but I have seen this a few times during other errors and at those times I checked the temperature menu and confirmed nothing is out of range.

The screeching on the other hand is more concerning, I would probably shoot me an email I wills see what Engineering would like is to check/try

ryan@midnitesolar.com

aaapilot

Quote from: boB on January 19, 2024, 08:56:44 PMDo you remember around what voltage the battery was ?

Do you think you heard the relay click in the Rosie to connect the grid to charge ?  46 degrees inside should be fine.

The same line noise that made the screeching and tripped the GFIs and lights on is most likely the same noise that triggered the SMA's Arc-Fault.

Arc fault can be very sensitive to any noise on its AC side.

Thank you for the report.  Please lettuce know if anything like this happens again. 

We are banging our heads together.

boB

Thanks boB for the reply.  The battery voltage was 52.3v and they were 93-94% charged. The first time it happened, the charger was turned OFF manually.  The second time, since it had just rebooted after the software upload, I think the charger was reset ON, but I can't say if I heard it click on.  The fault happened before I could go thru the parameters to verify settings. When I reset the inverter after the Fault, the charger did come on immediately and started to charge the batteries.  Everything was normal following the reset.  FYI, I installed a RESET switch in my Rosie, which is what I use to cycle the system.  I did not cycle the battery breaker.

Dave
_ _ _ _ _

aaapilot

Quote from: FNG on January 20, 2024, 07:44:56 AMThe Over Temp error is a bug I do believe. I have reported this to Engineering in the past. I will chat with Engineering again Monday on the Over Temp but I have seen this a few times during other errors and at those times I checked the temperature menu and confirmed nothing is out of range.

The screeching on the other hand is more concerning, I would probably shoot me an email I wills see what Engineering would like is to check/try

ryan@midnitesolar.com

Thanks Ryan, I'll do that.  After the first Fault, I did check the temp's and codes and snapped pictures, see below.  These were taken about 5-6 minutes following the Fault and reset. As of 1000 am this morning, all is normal.  Rosie has been powering the BU sub-panel continuously since 2pm yesterday.  The sun is shining today and the SMA inverter is producing 5125 watts and still rising steadily, no errors.

Dave
_ _ _ _ _