Rosie E-panel installer feedback

Started by Kent0, December 22, 2023, 01:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent0

Just installed a prewired Rosie system so here's some feedback about the Rosie E-panel. The ground bar is a major disappointment and complete PITA.

First, in the pre-wired panel it is behind the wiring for the charge controller, difficult to even see, nearly inaccessible for fingers or even a screw driver.

Second, with three SPD's and the charge controller pre-wired there are three vacant holes in the ground bar. Count: 1) solar system, 2) load panel, 3) generator or ac in, and 4) grounding electrode conductor. Shipped from the factory with three vacant holes in the ground bar is not appropriate, it isn't adequate for a minimum off-grid system. And heaven help you if you have the intention of adding a second charge controller and PV array.

I ended up double lugging two of the SPD ground wires to open a fourth ground bar hole. Oh, did I tell you the ground bar is difficult to access...

boB

Thank you Kent. I notified the others.  Hopefully someone will listen

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

boB

"The ground bar will be longer with more available slots moving forward; that decision was made yesterday.  Unfortunately it will still be in the same place."

Is what I hear.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Kent0

That's good news, boB. I wish the ground bar could be located elsewhere too, like near the battery cables, but that would be a change to the casting too.

One of the the best things about Midnite Solar is that they listen to their customers! I appreciate that.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me