Anomaly, Gremlin?

Started by kitestrings, April 12, 2023, 09:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitestrings

Hi Folks,

I just observed a rather peculiar event with our Classic's - we have two 250's and wind, a bit more here:

https://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=5742.msg52417#msg52417

Anyway, the turbine had been shut down for several days.  The days are longer and solar carries us.  In our case this means Aux1 is manually ON on the one unit (red LED illuminated), which furls the tail, and Aux2 is manually  ON on the second unit (yellow led illuminated), which connects the resistor load bank.

I happened to look out yesterday and the tail had opened, unfurled.  Odd. My first thought was that the furling line had broken, but when I walked by the CC's I noticed the LED's were both out.  The Aux relays had both changed states.  It was like there was a reboot/reset to a default position.

I also notice the other Aux2 relay that we use for Waste-Not Vhi was also off, and had been active.  Other settings seemed to be intact.  I did also note that the 4185 values had both shifted to 4840 & 4860; they had been at 4800 & 4820.

I know no one initiated a change, and I know we did not lose or interrupt power to the CC's.  We could have had a network interruption, and they are connected to the router for the local app, but I've never seen this happen.

Is there anything in the programming that would reset Aux settings if no activity for a prolonged period?

Best, ~ks

boB

KS,  I don't know of anything that would reset AUX functions except a VMM from the MNGP remote but  that would be very strange and unlikely.

Are the Classic(s)  still working otherwise that you can tell ?

Will look at your link.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

kitestrings

Hi boB,

Yes, as near as I can tell everything is working fine, and the Aux values that I'd set/saved are all as before.  Waste-Not, for example, works pretty much daily off the PV now that the days are longer, so even when the turbine is parked I'll see it pulsing a sunny day.

No harm, I just can't figure out how it happened without outside influence.  Strange.  ~ks

kitestrings

Here's what we have (attachments), how it works:

https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,150450.msg1057201.html#msg1057201

We have the older relay arrangement for Aux1 (NC).  So the normal operating mode is with Aux1 off, when we turn it on manually (which is the mode it was in), or it turns on while in PV V-Hi mode, the red LED comes on and the tail furls.