MyMidnite2 Quit Updating Friday 10 Nov 2023

Started by CHTechServ, November 12, 2023, 11:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHTechServ

On Friday 10 Nov 2023,  I had two Classic MPPT logging data to MyMidnite2 web page but around 3-4AM they stopped logging data.   Reloading the page nor logging in again don't help.   Can anyone tell me if the MidNite server is down?  Each of the two Classic's have separate ISP so this does not seem to be ISP / router related.
I e-mailed support on Friday but no response.   I will call on Monday to ask about this. 

Thank you,
Chris

Coyak2

I think there is an issue. Data is absent starting Nov 10 around 12am MST.

CHTechServ

Thank you for confirming others are having issues.     Bummer of a time to lose MM2 as I am converting from 10 year old R-S 450AH Lead Acid (now <200AH) over to 600AH of EG4-LL LiFePo4 cells.  (Hint: You have to charge them  to 100% first before placing them in parallel)

Chris

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: CHTechServ on November 12, 2023, 09:19:24 PMThank you for confirming others are having issues.     Bummer of a time to lose MM2 as I am converting from 10 year old R-S 450AH Lead Acid (now <200AH) over to 600AH of EG4-LL LiFePo4 cells.  (Hint: You have to charge them  to 100% first before placing them in parallel)

Chris

It is probably a good idea to charge them all to same first, but if you watch a recent Off Grid Garage video he tested having different lithium batteries of different capacities and  SOC and they all balanced out as they were connected and  charged. The interconnected battery communications of the bms on those EG4 batteries should also help with keeping the voltages and currents same. I have the Jakiper with different but similar bms and that is what they do to balance charging.  At least for LiFePo4 it is safer - I have heard of putting two different lithium ion cells in something like a flashlight and if one was very low the surge made the battery get very hot and bad things happened.
https://youtu.be/bhCSccNsQOw?si=9IkjdNMj-BAdpVEn
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

boB

What I hear is that MM is Down.

So just something with the server.

I would have thought they would have fixed that during the weekend.

We'll just give them a day or two work their magic

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me