News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Rosie is on line--but with questions

Started by qrper, April 15, 2023, 12:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qrper

Hi, everyone!

After much wire pulling and trips to the big box stores for parts, Roise is up and running!

There are some issues I'm having trouble with and I don' know if it's me or Rosie.

Running the newest beta firmware: 23.3.21

1. Battery temp flashes the battery temp, then "open!" about every four seconds or so
2. Can't change the battery chemistry. It's locked on flooded (which is fine for now) When you highlight the item and push the big button, you get a beep and nothing changes.

3. The AC out Kwh doesn't show a thing except for 0.00kWh
4. On setup, AC input 1, There is no CHARGE RATE to select. So,Can't change the ac charger charging current.

There are globs of stuff that's not showing up on the menus.  There is no menu item for ENDING AMPS in the BATTERY CONFIG menu. Ditto, Master WHIZBANG jr, AMP HOUR EFFICIENCY and on an on.

I did the old windows thing of power it down and restarting..

So, I'm up for some ideas.

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Highflyer

Mike,
I will not speak for Tech support, but I do know the only time you can change chemistry settings is after a reset, not a reboot.  There is a menu item for reset.  I think that is what you may be looking for to fix your issues.

Hope this helps.  If not, tech support will guide you.  They are the best.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

qrper

Is that the same as 'reset to factory defaults"?

if not, were is the reset function? I'm still trying to find my path down the menu highway

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Highflyer

Yes I believe it is.  Then you will be prompted to input your system information. Chem, voltage etc.

Give it a try.

What's the worse that can happen?
Brian

qrper

Brian,

there seems to be handful of reset to default buttons. I poke 'em all!

Now the battery temp is steady, it no longer is flashing temp and open!

Still missing menu items like ending amps and so on.

You can't select any other chemistry other than flooded lead acid from the menu.

The total kWh AC out is sorta working. Took all night long to move the counter up to: .003kWh. That's incredibly wrong.

progress is being made, slowly... Rosie has been running the house for 36 hours now.

Mike

Highflyer

Mike,
I may be running different software.  So, Best to call Midnite and ask, they will get  you to the right place quickly to get your system set correctly.

Also, I am not charging from Stella, my Rosie, as my system is off grid.  I'll poke around a bit and see if I can find what you need.  No promises I can find it though.
Brian