News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Barcelona BETA Testing in Montana

Started by Weldman, March 19, 2023, 10:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weldman

I don't see 24.01.17.01 update on my MNBLE Updater. Right now when the the sun is out it refuses to hit absorption. Goes to max on bulk it can then backs down to zilch, after it is full on bulk to goes to absorption and as it comes up to absorption amperage it hits max as what the system can put in from panels and backs down to zilch again knocking the system back into bulk and bounces in bulk mode from max to zilch on amperage only never staying in absorption.

boB

Weldman,  Ryan just posted this.

He would like you to try it....

Released 24.01.24.00 MNGP2 code today
1- Fixed issue with Hbay PV voltage cycling from 0 to other values due to left behind debug code
2- Fixed Barcelona MPPT not working due to debug code left behind

May have been other oddities due to the debug code as well

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Weldman

Quote from: boB on January 25, 2024, 01:06:21 PMWeldman,  Ryan just posted this.

He would like you to try it....

Released 24.01.24.00 MNGP2 code today
1- Fixed issue with Hbay PV voltage cycling from 0 to other values due to left behind debug code
2- Fixed Barcelona MPPT not working due to debug code left behind

May have been other oddities due to the debug code as well

Not seeing any updates, here is a screenshot of what I'm seeing on the MNBLE Updater on Android through my phone.

boB

You might want to try clearing your phone cache and start again ?

I think you go into the APPS section and select our update app to do that.

Others here may have more advice.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Weldman

Quote from: boB on January 26, 2024, 01:19:17 PMYou might want to try clearing your phone cache and start again ?

I think you go into the APPS section and select our update app to do that.

Others here may have more advice.

boB

I have deleted the app several times and still get the same stuff after I hit the refresh. Also have deleted cache and get the same uploaded.

Weldman

Same stuff

aaapilot

Just FYI, I updated my MNGP2 last night about 7pm and had no issues, using an older LG Android phone that has no cell number, just WiFi connectivity to the internet.
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\

Weldman

For shits and grins I went and got my tablet that runs on Apple, same thing, old updates. Only the BETA Android one is working as of right now.

aaapilot

The Apple App will only access PRODUCTION updates, from what I know. You must use the Android device AND the Beta App to get Beta updates. Just another thought, though you have probably done so, after clearing the cache and deleting the App, shut down your Android device.  After restart, be sure you re-download the Green BETA App (see pic).  The Blue App will only download Production software. Your device might be defaulting to the Blue App rather than the green one.
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\

Weldman

Got the update through, still bouncing around when it comes from Bulk to Absorb mode. It is smooth in Bulk mode till it comes to Absorb and goes into Absorb, peaks at what my panels can put out then cuts out to as if I disconnected the panels and starts back over in Bulk and goes back up to what panels can put out and then cuts out and goes into Absorb repeating the process.
Anyone wants a video of this?

Highflyer

Weldman,
Check your battery settings, ABS, EQ, Float.  I saw this once and my settings were too close together,  adjusting them correctly fixed the issue for me.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Weldman

Quote from: Highflyer on January 29, 2024, 10:31:50 PMWeldman,
Check your battery settings, ABS, EQ, Float.  I saw this once and my settings were too close together,  adjusting them correctly fixed the issue for me.
Think I found it, seems the float voltage was too low. So far one day without it flipping back and forth, it stayed in absorbed and went to float when it was time.

Weldman

After a week since last posting I have yet to find the right settings. It will work one day correctly and next day bounce between Bulk and Absorb. Tried multiple voltages and variations based on what battery I have and none seem to work, this never happened till the updates.
Also not particularly pleased with the Rosie inverter/charger, went down in negative temperatures where Aims kept going, each time I need to hook generator up needs update or rejects the generator and there is no consistent results. It's like a guessing game each time I use it. Started off at 60 amps going in and it's causing my generator to surge I have 12kW generator so I know it's not lacking, restarted Rosie and the generator, now has 90 amps going in, generator purring along, great right? Wrong, kicks the generator off of it after a hour and I know the battery isn't anywhere near absorb at 1010Ah battery that got down below 60% full. Now as it tries to connect to generator and the amps start going up it kicks the generator off again and just loops as such till finally doesn't see generator at all. Restart system and now it's back to its surging at around 50 to 60 amps and says over current in L1 and L2.
Always fighting either Barcelona or Rosie to keep the lights on here.