New Off Grid Inverter Charger

Started by nigel, June 15, 2012, 11:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

niel

robin,
congrats on the name for the new inverter. will different wattage classes have a different b-xx name? i am anxiously awaiting to see what you guys are going to offer, but my needs are much smaller than 8kw or 10kw.

niel

i also thought of a feature that you may or may not like to consider in the future for inverters. it occurs to me that when my power went out that the transition was so smooth that i did not realize the power went off and i am draining my batteries. a few times i hit my preset cutoff battery voltage and then i knew it was out. some sort of timer or timestamp of power losses and their duration would be helpful. even a small beep or buzzer for a few seconds can also alert one to it switching over, but the timestamp would be of best use to me. i'm not to sure what others may think of this. opinions?

BioPower

It is probably part of it any way but a remote control panel with some leds to indicate what state is in and a reset-able audio alert would be very practical.
9.5 KW Solar Panels, 2 Midnite Classic 150, 8 KW self-built 8 KW Inverter,  5KW AC coupled grid tie Inverter, Exide 775AH @C5 48V forklift battery

Robin

We are planning grid tie battery based inverters all the way down to 1000watts. The b17willtalkto you so when bats get low it will let you know
It will alsp be able to data log
Robin Gudgel

niel

very good robin. i skirted it and biopower also touched on it that when the inverter switches to battery power that often times we could be caught unaware. i mentioned a buzzer or a beep and bio mentioned the remote led, anything along this line being incorporated? both may be a good idea as the beep is a one time thing if you are nearby at the time and the led may not be seen right away, but if you weren't there when it beeped the led would still give indication you are drawing battery power.

as an example with security dvrs, security videos have the ability to be seen realtime on a monitor, but one can't watch it for activity constantly and many dvrs have a motion detector that trips an alarm for a few seconds give or take as one programs it. i have such a security dvr and have detected trespassers both ways. this isn't foolproof and wouldn't be foolproof for the inverter using both methods either, but in many cases it can alert one to better power management needs needing to be incorporated.

mahendra

i am hoping the prices  are as kool as the name and as compared to the competition.
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

Robin

The big inverter (B17) is not cheap. You will see why when we are allowed to show it. There will be different versions of this high frequency inverter that will be a lot less money. We do not yet have a price for either the MNB17-3 or the MNB17-5
Give me another couple of weeks and we may have preliminary pricing. This is much more than just an inverter!
Robin Gudgel

russ_drinkwater

Will there be a range of input voltages Robin?
Or just straight 48 volt?
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

Robin

48V is all we will be offering for a while on the big inverters. We will have 12 and 24V versions on smaller less complicated units in the future.
Robin Gudgel

CDN-VT

Not that I want to be upsetting to a  sparkle new person in  the solar reality , 12Vdc is such a limiter on the Harvest side ,,while we have converters , buck converters ETC to handle many voltages.
The Gas / petrol / benzine car has a dated time expire from 6Vdc to 12 & then PWM voltages & up to 400Vdc .
12Vdc  was party line / dial phone / 5c cokes till now of Cell phone slaves & coke-a-buck with sugar taxes .
I can't see doing a high tech system & down grading it for ?  MAKE the new RULES !! 2016 & I'm  still waiting  for Judy to pick me up in her dads (Mr Jetson) ride !!!

(never going to happen , they don't even land track /drive straight or signal!) Drivers , not Judys !
VT=Pilot of fling wings
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

Robin

Twelove volt inverters will be limited to:
1. A 1000 watt inverter/charger with grid tie capability for the doit yourselfers.
2. A 2000W and 2800W inverter for the RV industry. MAgnum is selling far too many inverters into that market. Neither one of those is for off-grid use. We may do a 24 and 48V 4000W off-grid unit too. Those last two should also have grid tie capability.
Robin Gudgel

tecnodave

Robin,

Put me down for that 4000 watt off grid unit. The Magnum is ok but it does walk around in voltage. Makes my LED lites flicker more than the Cotek or Exeltech.  I have a buyer for the magnum so no loss there.

David
#1 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24volt L-16 Rolls-Surette S-530, MS4024 & Cotek ,  C-40 dirv.cont. for hot water
#2 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24 volt L-16 Interstate,Brutus Inv.
#3 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 4/6 P
#4 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 2S 2/3 P

grgdgreek

Home:6*135w mitsu.10*175w shuko. 2* cl150.3*D400 turbines.
Rolls18*4v series 5000 545ah*3 .2*Victron 3000 multiplus inv/chg. 24v. Shop:28*185w shuko. Sunny island. Sunnyboy.Rolls 40*s530.48volt.Sunny web box.

russ_drinkwater

The higher input voltage inverters ie. 48 volts would effectively cut the company out of many potential markets and sales.
Not everyone wants lithium ion batteries and I would say FLA and gels will be around for decades to come.
Everyone can source a 12 volt or a couple of 12 volts to get an inverter up and going coupled to 1-6 panels.
Why should they suffer the problems and lack of reliability of kungfu inverters because quality units are not being produced!
A lot of people are not trying to run their entire homes on offgrid solar.
1-2 kw of reliable solar power is all they need and many exist on a lot less than that.
Also the growing market revolving around preppers and those who want a bit of power security can not and should not be ignored!
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

CDN-VT

Good points Russ .

I can see Robins reply on the 12Vdc side , But the pictures I saw of the "B17 -ego"  & what I saw on robins laptop he showed me , Seemed way lots (but all I saw was pictures ,haven't a clue above that) for a 12Vdc .
Im also assuming on "More than just an inverter " so has it's own charge controller is what I assumed also.

No Worries , just get the 8 patents passed with dotted ey's !  then we all can see the pictures.

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels