News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Rosie

Started by EW Zuber, October 14, 2023, 04:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EW Zuber

Is the Rosie a low frequency inverter or a high frequency (AKA;transformerless) design?
(6) Solar World 175 watt, (14) Arco Solar 33 Watt, (15) REC 250 watt, 2KW Whirlwind turbine on 85' rohn 25 tower, Outback VFX 3648, Outback FM80 and Midnite Classic 150 w/WBJR, ( 8 ) Trojan L-16REB, 
WL7BDK

Vic

Rosie is said to be an HF Inverter-Charger.

EDIT, to add:

EW Zuber,  have you seen the YT Video on the Rosie,  produced by NAZ (the former AZ Wind & Sun company)?  It does show that the Rosie,  is a very capable Inverter Charger,  that just keeps getting better, and better (more functions), via FirmWare Updates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hApsJdh7AE8

I want one !!

Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

Rosie is HF design but uses transformers.   i.e.  It is isolated.

If you are concerned about surge power, Rosie surges a LOT.  About 2.5 to 3 times continuous power at least.

Rosie weighs about 44 pounds.

There is a review video on Northern Arizona Wind and Sun's (NAZ) YouTube channel

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mahendra

Quote from: boB on October 14, 2023, 05:12:34 PMRosie is HF design but uses transformers.   i.e.  It is isolated.

If you are concerned about surge power, Rosie surges a LOT.  About 2.5 to 3 times continuous power at least.

Rosie weighs about 44 pounds.

There is a review video on Northern Arizona Wind and Sun's (NAZ) YouTube channel

boB

Interesting Bob .
Does the use of the transformers make them t more robust and improves its surge capabilities?

This has puzzled me for a while because some HF inverter can surge decently while some can't do much
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

boB

Mahendra, Surge just has to do with the design of the inverter, including the transformer.

The transformer is between the battery side and the inverter or AC output side.

A battery based inverter does not have to have a transformer to work but then there are other problems like noise.  As far as I know, all battery based inverters are isolated with a transformer to the high voltage AC side.  I think this is a UL requirement for safety but it also helps tremendously with noise.

When someone says transformer-less, that may be true for a grid-tie photovoltaic inverter. Same thing as un-grounded solar.  They still have inductors though which may look like transformers.

Why do our inverters surge ?  Hopefully, it is because we know what we are doing.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me