MNGP2 / Hawkes Bay suggestion for MQTT

Started by ClassicCrazy, April 09, 2023, 11:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClassicCrazy

With the Canbus comms being more complex and always evolving , as well as perhaps propriety compared to the Classic modbus published protocol , I have a suggestion and request.
Would it be possible for Midnite to  build into the software mqtt output? 
That would make it possible for those of us who want to grab the basic data for our monitoring or control systems to get it. It would be make it easy without having to be digging into code and would also make remote monitoring much easier since mqtt data can be sent to local or internet based servers.
I am not a programmer but perhaps the Midnite software team could consider this during the development of code ?
Thanks
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Larry, nice idea.

But I don't think that will happen anytime soon because this canbus stuff is hard enough already as well as evolving as you say.

But certainly didn't hurt to ask !

I thought I heard Wizbandit talking about MQTT though ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: boB on April 09, 2023, 03:02:48 PMLarry, nice idea.

But I don't think that will happen anytime soon because this canbus stuff is hard enough already as well as evolving as you say.

But certainly didn't hurt to ask !

I thought I heard Wizbandit talking about MQTT though ?

boB
yes Wizbandit is using the code he wrote to convert the data to mqtt and then it is easy to send to whatever - in his case I think he uses a raspberry pi running grafana to graph it.
That is the solution we used for the Classic since only one device could connect to Classic via IP, but if you convert it to mqtt then you can have as many things as you want getting the mqtt data.
I am a novice at this, though I have learned enough on how to use mqtt now.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Our com box uses an Orange Pi single board computer that works very well actually.

raspberri Pi's aren't available any more unfortunately. They were always more $$ than
 the O-Pi anyway.

I don't know anything about MQTT.  I thought MQTT was some kind of graphical programming language.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

here is a brief summary

What is MQTT?

MQTT stands for Message Queuing Telemetry Transport. MQTT is a simple messaging protocol, designed for constrained devices with low bandwidth. So, it's the perfect solution to exchange data between multiple IoT devices.

MQTT communication works as a publish and subscribe system. Devices publish messages on a specific topic. All devices that are subscribed to that topic receive the message.
MQTT Publish Subscribe
Its main applications include sending messages to control outputs, read and publish data from sensor nodes and much more.
MQTT Basic Concepts

In MQTT there are a few basic concepts that you need to understand:

Publish/Subscribe
    Broker

MQTT – Publish/Subscribe

The first concept is the publish and subscribe system. In a publish and subscribe system, a device can publish a message on a topic, or it can be subscribed to a particular topic to receive messages

https://randomnerdtutorials.com/what-is-mqtt-and-how-it-works/
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable