Matching SOC between systems

Started by LilMT, October 20, 2023, 11:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilMT

Hey All,

Just an off-hand question regarding SOC.

I have a Classic 250 for charging with solar and a Magnum 4448 inverter/charger that I use to charge with my generator.  My Batteries are Renogy Hybrid Gel

When I get good sun, the Midnite will show full charge (I use ending amps) and then go to float. When this happens my Magnum typically shows 98%, after another hour or so at float (I have not actually timed it) the Magnum will show 100%

When I need to charge using the generator (also using end amps), the magnum will show 100% and the classic will show around 98%.  If I over-run the generator for another hour or so at float, the classic will eventually hit 100%.

Typically, this is not an issue during spring, summer, and fall, as I get enough solar to get the "top-off" on the magnum BMK.  During the dark season though, when I use the generator every couple of days, the classic will hit 98%, then the next run it will hit 95%, then next run 92%, etc.  By then of the dark season, it gets pretty out of whack.  I have gotten to where I reset the SOC% every couple weeks just to make myself feel better.  :)

I can understand a one-way discrepancy as electronics are different, algorithms are different etc.  But with it occurring both ways, it makes me wonder if I have a setting wrong.

BTW, 1 shunt, wizbang Junior for the Classic and Magnum BMK.

Thanks all.
Thanks,
LilMT

Classic 250, 3s2p Trina Solar 405watt, 8 Renogy 200ah for 48V 400ah, Magnasine 4448 inverter.

ClassicCrazy

You really won't ever know since you don't know how the Magnum calculates SOC.
The Classic takes efficiency and temperature into consideration when calculating SOC.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable