News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Dropped Power to Back-up Panel

Started by aaapilot, March 06, 2024, 04:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaapilot

My Rosie runs a back-up panel full-time, uses batteries for 23hrs a day, AC grid pass-thru for 1 hour (2345-0015). Non-essential circuits run off the Utility powered main CB panel.  Around 1230 this afternoon, power to the back-up panel from Rosie FAILED.  Was sitting in the kitchen at the time, TV went blank, desktop computer off, internet, etc.  Other non-essential utility powered circuits were fine, no interruption.  Went to the Utility room to check on Rosie and everything appeared normal. Hawkes Bay was providing power for the essential circuits as well as charging the batteries, no failure lights, etc.  Went back inside and power was restored.  Back to the MNGP2, noticed the 'AC Out' Kw's on status page had reset to '0' as well as the Absorb Timer.  Checked the Rosie log 'Today' page and all counters had reset to '0' numbers.

Under User Menu, Faults & Warnings, there were 2 selections: Rosie & AC Input 1 Fault.  Selecting ROSIE, displays 'Grid Disconnect'.  Selecting AC Input 1 Faults, displays 'NONE' & 'Grid Time Window'.  Unsure if these indications are new or old as I don't how to clear them???

Updated to the latest BETA firmware yesterday afternoon for HB & Rosie, both were uneventful and ran normal until this event and has again run normal since.  Power was off for at least 5-15 seconds, enough time for me to get up from the kitchen table and head out the garage door.  Temperature inside Utility room was 67F.  ?????????
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\

boB

So, could the power from the Rosie have been off for  10 seconds and then come back on you think ?

I seem to remember hearing about a 3 second and 10 second off time but I don't remember what the reason is.  The LOGS should show WHY this happened.

I'm not sure how to clear those event logs ?

Can you read off the Rosie FW revision number ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

aaapilot

Quote from: boB on March 06, 2024, 06:08:50 PMSo, could the power from the Rosie have been off for  10 seconds and then come back on you think ?

I seem to remember hearing about a 3 second and 10 second off time but I don't remember what the reason is.  The LOGS should show WHY this happened.

I'm not sure how to clear those event logs ?

Can you read off the Rosie FW revision number ?

boB

Hi boB!  FW is 24.2.29.1. 

Dave
_ _ _ _ _

aaapilot

Quote from: boB on March 06, 2024, 06:08:50 PMSo, could the power from the Rosie have been off for  10 seconds and then come back on you think ?

I seem to remember hearing about a 3 second and 10 second off time but I don't remember what the reason is.

boB

Could have been 10 seconds, yes.  I don't think 3, as the power failed, I looked around to see what happened, then got up to head to the garage.  The TV did not come back in that time, which would have been an obvious indication that power was restored.

Dave
_ _ _ _ _

boB

Right.  The TV will default to off.  Usually anyway ?

I'll send this info off, if Ryan or Captain Billy Wizbang doesn't get there first.

Oh...
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

aaapilot

Quote from: boB on March 06, 2024, 09:05:22 PMRight.  The TV will default to off.  Usually anyway ?

In my case, no ... the TV goes back to the condition it was in before power failed.  When I came back into the house after verifying the Rosie was online, the TV was back on.  Clocks were flashing, microwave indicated PF (power failure), desktop computer was off, internet router rebooting, etc., so it did fail and wasn't a momentary glitch from the TV.  As a side note, I have tested the bypass switch on Rosie and the power switch is fast enough to NOT knock off any of the systems listed above.  Same goes for when the AC Input switches from battery power to AC  In (pass thru) and back to battery.  Very fast and no interruption :)

Dave

Dave
_ _ _ _ _

FNG

Dave,
In the MNGP2 the Rosie has an event log.

Setup--> Inverter Specific --> Rosie --> Event Log

This could lead to a clue as why it shut down and rebooted can you look at the event log and see wha events are in place for that time when it shut down

aaapilot

Quote from: FNG on March 08, 2024, 05:31:54 AMDave,
In the MNGP2 the Rosie has an event log.

Setup--> Inverter Specific --> Rosie --> Event Log

This could lead to a clue as why it shut down and rebooted can you look at the event log and see wha events are in place for that time when it shut down

Good Morning Ryan.  Yes, I took a picture of the Log right after the event, Pic 1.  I just took Pic 2 & 3 for follow-on reference.

EDIT:  Pic 1 was taken at 12:39, March 6, 2024.  Pic 3 is current 09:26, Mar 8, 2024 & Pic 2 is 1 page back
Dave
_ _ _ _ _

FNG

And what date and time did the power go out

aaapilot

Quote from: FNG on March 09, 2024, 05:20:01 AMAnd what date and time did the power go out

12:35 pm on 03/06/2024
_ _ _ _ _