News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Grid Support while using AC Input Control

Started by aaapilot, March 22, 2024, 05:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaapilot

Grid tied system w/batteries & solar thru HB.  Back-up CB panel is always connected to Rosie, Charger is OFF, AC Input Control has batteries connected 23 hours a day and daily solar is usually enough to charge batteries and supply load. QUESTION: 4 cloudy days drop the batteries to SOC 20%, so I need Grid support to power loads until the batteries recharge via solar, say SOC 50%. Can the Rosie do this automatically with the latest Beta or Production software without manual intervention?  If so, what are the steps? I have tried setting Grid Support to SOC and supplying a number, but this doesn't appear to override the AC Input Times and there's no menu to specify when the batteries would resume input anyways.  Thanks all!
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\

boB

Dave, it "should" do what you are saying....   I know that a lot of effort has gone into this sort of operation, lately.

I would wait for Wizbandit or Ryan to respond.   Maybe I can yank their chain.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

aaapilot

Quote from: boB on March 24, 2024, 01:34:13 PMDave, it "should" do what you are saying....   I know that a lot of effort has gone into this sort of operation, lately.

boB

Thanks boB!  I turned AC Input Control OFF last night, leaving Grid Support set to SOC % and 41%, battery charge was around 49%.  This morning, Rosie status showed 'AC Support Bulk', first time I've seen this status.  (I'm guessing it reset to this at midnight?). Solar was providing just 180 watts, battery was providing the rest of the load and AC In fluctuated between 0-19 watts.  When SOC hit 39-40%, AC In picked up the full load and the small solar input was being used solely to charge the battery!  Perfect!  Now waiting to see what happens when the battery SOC goes above 41%, but it's a cloudy day so I don't know if I'll get there today.  The Rosie manual shows an SOC High & Low menu item was planned under Grid Support, but the current menu only allows one SOC entry, labeled 'Support SOC'.  Anxiously waiting to see what happens :).  The experts will have to weigh in as to whether AC Input Control overrides Grid Support and would allow the battery to go to '0'.

Dave
_ _ _ _ _

boB

Quote from: aaapilot on March 24, 2024, 04:46:36 PM
Quote from: boB on March 24, 2024, 01:34:13 PMDave, it "should" do what you are saying....   I know that a lot of effort has gone into this sort of operation, lately.

boB

Thanks boB!  I turned AC Input Control OFF last night, leaving Grid Support set to SOC % and 41%, battery charge was around 49%.  This morning, Rosie status showed 'AC Support Bulk', first time I've seen this status.  (I'm guessing it reset to this at midnight?). Solar was providing just 180 watts, battery was providing the rest of the load and AC In fluctuated between 0-19 watts.  When SOC hit 39-40%, AC In picked up the full load and the small solar input was being used solely to charge the battery!  Perfect!  Now waiting to see what happens when the battery SOC goes above 41%, but it's a cloudy day so I don't know if I'll get there today.  The Rosie manual shows an SOC High & Low menu item was planned under Grid Support, but the current menu only allows one SOC entry, labeled 'Support SOC'.  Anxiously waiting to see what happens :).  The experts will have to weigh in as to whether AC Input Control overrides Grid Support and would allow the battery to go to '0'.

Dave

Also, Ryan confirms that this works.

Glad it did for you !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

aaapilot

As a follow-up, when solar input charged the battery to 42%, 1% over the Grid Support number, Rosie status changed from Stanby Bulk (with AC In providing power for the load) to AC Support Bulk (AC In went to zero), & the Solar DC took over the load present as well as charging the battery.

Thanks boB for confirming w/Ryan!  I'll do some testing this week too see if Grid Support will work with a specific time parameter set for battery only use in the AC Input Control menu.

Dave
_ _ _ _ _