News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

MN15-12KW-AIO

Started by Weldman, March 17, 2024, 08:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weldman

That came from nowhere, y'all been hiding that one real well. Another unit for me to test it's limitations? I got a 350A welder with few other toys to send it over the edge along with perfect temperatures that can't be tested in your test chamber come winter.
I can easily send it over the 600V and see how far to 200% surge it can take.

boB

Thank you Weldman !

It is in the final strides of being perfected now and getting real close !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

qrper

boB,  a quick scan of the specs..... does it have bypass switching so you can take it off-line for repairs?

Mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Weldman

Quote from: qrper on March 18, 2024, 10:14:44 AMboB,  a quick scan of the specs..... does it have bypass switching so you can take it off-line for repairs?

Mike
For the few that could actually repair one for what might go wrong with one, I see it as counterintuitive in added price to add such feature.
Especially with a 10 year warranty.

qrper

Quote from: Weldman on March 18, 2024, 11:05:01 AM
Quote from: qrper on March 18, 2024, 10:14:44 AMboB,  a quick scan of the specs..... does it have bypass switching so you can take it off-line for repairs?

Mike
For the few that could actually repair one for what might go wrong with one, I see it as counterintuitive in added price to add such feature.
Especially with a 10 year warranty.

I bypass my Rosie inverter all the time. When the batteries hit 80%, I disconnect and fall back onto the grid. I'm not sure with Rosie, but when I was running the Trace SW5548, if the inverter shut down for low batteries, you lost all AC pass through. Trace offered at the time an instruction sheet to build your own bypass switch made out of square D pieces parts.

Without some way of routing AC around the inverter, you were in the dark as the inverter would not pass AC when off.

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Vic

For the Trace (SW 5548s),  and the Xantrex (SW+ 5548s),  the Bypass switch was in the AC Conduit boxes  --  generally

Many MidNite e-panels have Inverter Bypass switches (breakers).

FWIW,  IMO,  etc,    Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

The addition you would want is the Rosie BB or breaker box which has the bypass etc.  The Rosie E-Panel

https://www.midnitesolar.com/productPhoto.php?product_ID=753&productCat_ID=61&sortOrder=1&act=p
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ralph day

"Neutral To Ground Bong Switching Internally"

Bong switching?  Something really west coast sounding there.  Chill.  :)

Weldman

Either way I want to test the "One" out. I don't have the luxury of falling back to grid power to use the breaker "bypass switch" that is on my e-panel on the Rosie. It's generator or we are going down in power in the middle of a deep freeze. Better hope propane tank is full and the heater is operational.

bryhan67

What will the price be?