News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

MNGP2 & Classic CC

Started by BosMan, March 04, 2024, 10:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BosMan

Hi

As an installer, I am looking at installing my first Rosie inverter system and on this system I plan to install a Classic 200. What I am wondering is if the Classic 200 will be able to communicate to the MNGP2 for setup and monitoring. Or if it will be stand alone on it's MNGP.

thanks,

Vic

Hi BosMan,  Welcome to the Forum.

There is a hardwaree/firmware/software Communication box,  under development at MidNite, which will tie together Classics,  the new CAN bus CCs,  and the Rosie,
 and probably most other new products.

There is a  ' Combox '  Topic on this Forum.  Here is some discussion,  from that:

https://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=6155.0

Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: BosMan on March 04, 2024, 10:26:33 PMHi

As an installer, I am looking at installing my first Rosie inverter system and on this system I plan to install a Classic 200. What I am wondering is if the Classic 200 will be able to communicate to the MNGP2 for setup and monitoring. Or if it will be stand alone on it's MNGP.

thanks,
If you haven't gotten the Classic yet - consider a Midnite Hawkes Bay controller instead if it would fit with your plans. It can take a much higher pv voltage up to 600v and can also communicate directly with the Rosie. But it does need minimum of around 200v pv input to operate.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

BosMan

Thanks for Info,

I did look at the Hawkes Bay CC and really like the specs on them, but the size of the PV String to start on this one will be on the low end of the Min PV voltage so I think for this install I will have to stay with a classic. And I could always install the com box in the future when supported.

I am a Canadian installer, so the New Inverter and high voltage CC's are just rolling out here. So I am just getting myself up to speed with the new stuff. But I must say I am very excited for this new rollout, this is the exact system I have be looking for. I  have installed a range of all Outback, Magnum and Schneider systems, and they all have the there little things I am not keen on, but this system seams to cover all the bases !!

thanks again,

ClassicCrazy

Bob has been working on a firmware update for the Classic that really improved it's performance with lithium batteries.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on March 05, 2024, 08:38:59 PMBob has been working on a firmware update for the Classic that really improved it's performance with lithium batteries.
Larry

Yes !   And here is another beta of that firmware.  It is looking very good !
There is also a list of changes for this rev.

http://bob.midniteftp.com/K7IQ/Firmware-Latest/Classic-3800/

As soon as it has been running for a little while, it will go to production.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Off Grid Salt Spring

I second the need for integrating the new MNGP2 with the Classic CC's, with a comm box (or ideally a firmware update if possible).

I don't see much in the way of documentation on the MNGP2 yet. What about online interfacing/remote system monitoring? Is this currently functional in a new MNGP2/Rosie installation?

I too am an installer in Canada, and am excited to try my first couple Rosie Installs. I have typically stayed far away from the "other" HF inverter in my new installations due to unbalanced surge issues, high idle load, bad software etc, but am super impressed by what I see so for from the HF Rosie! Fingers crossed it measures up to the tried and true LF models!

aaapilot

Quote from: Off Grid Salt Spring on April 23, 2024, 01:56:40 PMI don't see much in the way of documentation on the MNGP2 yet. What about online interfacing/remote system monitoring? Is this currently functional in a new MNGP2/Rosie installation?

No, unfortunately there is currently no online or remote monitoring for the MNGP2.  The aforementioned Combox will add that functionality if/when it becomes available.  Until then, the new Rosie/Hawks Bay/Barcallona can only be monitored on-site.  However, these new machines can be software/firmare upgraded easily via Bluetooth.   The MNGP2 has Bluetooth built-in and Midnite offers apps for both IOS & Android that work well. 

Dave
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\