Snow melt feature?

Started by mtdoc, July 28, 2012, 01:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockhead

Quote from: Cniemand on June 20, 2013, 03:58:22 PM
That is an impressive photo of snow 'resilience' or would it be tenacity? ;-)

I'm pretty sure the forum would filter the descriptive terms I would use.

Andrejs

OK, and now lets get back to the main question to Midnite staff: Are there (any) plans (left) to launch the snow melt feature before the next winter? When I decided to purchase my Classic 150, snow melt was one of the pros (though not the major one) that I had selecting the Midnite product and it would be nice to have snow melt before another long and icy winter arrives to Latvia...
Off-grid: Schott Protect ASI 103 X 12; Midnite CLASSIC 150 + WBjr; ENERSYS Hawker Prefect Plus 2V 1050Ah (c5) X 6 @12v; Victron Energy MultiPlus Compact 12/2000/80-30; Trimetric TM2025 A

boB

Quote from: Andrejs on June 29, 2013, 11:12:57 AM
OK, and now lets get back to the main question to Midnite staff: Are there (any) plans (left) to launch the snow melt feature before the next winter? When I decided to purchase my Classic 150, snow melt was one of the pros (though not the major one) that I had selecting the Midnite product and it would be nice to have snow melt before another long and icy winter arrives to Latvia...

At the moment, I would say no.  Too many other things are taking priority over snow melt.

Not this year anyway.  Sorry about that. 

If you are going to be at the site, you could use a separate
power supply to melt snow though, which is what I did the first time I tried it.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mtdoc

Quote from: boB on June 29, 2013, 11:50:42 AM

If you are going to be at the site, you could use a separate
power supply to melt snow though, which is what I did the first time I tried it.

boB

Do you mean use a DC power supply to "back feed" power to the panels?  Details please.  :)
Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.