Local App bugs

Started by Graig, November 01, 2012, 05:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graig

*** Can not down load the daily logs - This missing feature is a "must have"

- Data reports & charts only work with data logged on the PC, not data logged by the Classic.
- Data export only works with fields selected for graphing. It should export all fields for a spread sheet to use.
- Battery temperature reads 42,946,729.0 degrees C (small changes occasionally).
- Daily Amp Hours: N/A
- Lifetime kWh stuck at 963 for several months
- Lifetime Amp Hours: N/A

I am anxiously waiting for an update (check for updates daily is active)

Note: I have deleted all data files & program files and re-installed the software. That did not help.
XW system, 3 arrays= 6.9kw

Halfcrazy

Hm
Something seems wrong as most of the things you mentioned should work the way you wanted. I will check a few and have the engineer stop in here.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

boB

>>>- Data export only works with fields selected for graphing. It should export all fields for a spread sheet to use.

Yeah, you have to select which data you want to export to the CSV file.

The latest Classic firmware does have Amp-Hours available.  Not sure about the Local App.
But, the latest Local App should have the daily (offline/not live) data available.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

atop8918

The Latest Local App with the Daily Log export is not yet released. This should solve a couple of the issues mentioned here, but I'm holding it back for some further testing. The Daily Logs will be available as well as the battery temperature fix. Amp Hours will be available with the latest Local App in combination with the latest firmware. I cannot speak to the lifetime kWh being stuck though unless your system is producing a small amount of power for some reason. This may also indicate a problem with the Classic?

The Export button on the Graph control will only export the data selected in the Graph. This is expected behavior. To Export all data you will have to select all the data you want exported in the Dialog Control. Additionally you will also have to select the date range for which you would like your exported data. For example if you would like the last week's worth of data you will have to select the one week range on the control.
This was done this way by design so that one would get only the data requested for the timespan requested so you wouldn't, for example, have to export all data for all time when doing weekly accumulations for Power and then filter in your spreadsheet program.

Lya72

Hi,

In addition to  Graig's list,

All these bugs are seen on a Classic 200V Rev 4 with,
- Firmware Classic Rev : 1070
- Firmware Network Rev : 1024
- Local App version 0.2.7

1- In the Local App, the counters are updated every two seconds, but  graphs aren't, even at each hour.
You must select another display, then come back to the first display to get the values updated (each hour on the day view).

2- On the day graph, watts don't show the value produced during the last hour, but the instantaneous value read precisely at the hour.
(if beetween 10:00-11:00, you are stuck to 840 Watts but at 11:00 o'clock, a cloud came and you produce just 110 Watts, your graph will show 110 Watts at 11:00).

3- If your Local App is disconnected during the day, hours are concatened :
Your Local App runs from 08:00 to 9:15 then stops for 1 hour and goes up.
At 11:01 the chart lines are shown without interruption beetween 08:00 to 10:00, and no datas from 10:00 to 11:00. 

4- Hour and 1/2 hour graphs don't show anything.

5- In the Local App, sometimes a DialogBox appears with "Error : Error #3013". The clic on the OK Button hide this DialogBox.

>>>This isn't a bug but a feature to incorporate in the exported log :
Charge Status : B/A/F  for Bulk, Absorb, Float
If you aren't all the day next to the screen of the Local App, you don't know at what time, your absorb period began and end.

When the OCP Problem of the 1070 firmware will be resolved, please, can you post a beta version of the Local App, with a change log.

Thanks in advance.

Yann

1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

dgd

Quote from: atop8918 on November 01, 2012, 11:22:55 PM
The Latest Local App with the Daily Log export is not yet released. This should solve a couple of the issues mentioned here, but I'm holding it back for some further testing.

I keep looking  to see if this is released yet but invariably have to reset the patience counter and restart the wait loop..
Howevr the last time I looked at the local app release info I could just barely hear some music from the local app page. Yes it was singing too..
I needed the assistance of a Glenmorangie to hear it properly but clear as a bell there it was..
The 1985 Engelbert Humperdinck hit  -   'Pleeeasee Release me,  Let me go ...'     :P
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

offgridQLD

I'm using Local app 0.3.10

Selecting the Data tab  then Offline data tab. I look at the first row KWH produced each day. Starting at entry index 1  (I am guessing entry index 1 its the previous days data.

The problem is yesterday I produced just over 10kwh (I can confirm this by going into the live data tab and selecting yesterdays kwh data)  but entry index 1 in offline data is showing 6.2kwh its not adding up .

Is there a bug with the offline data ? Also the export button doesn't do anything you cant select it (like its disabled)

Kurt
Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.

djohnm

Similar problem to previous poster and Local App version 0.3.10

Firmware:     
- Classic Rev: 1070
- Network Rev: 1024

I saw this problem last month, but thought it may have been due to my installing firmware and resetting data, but yesterday saw bad reporting from the local app. I checked at the end of the day and saw that I had produced 3.3kW, 119A, high power of 1613,  battery voltage of 30.6 and no float time. When I checked the local app this morning, this is what I saw:

Entry Index   kWh     Float Time (h:m)   High Power (kW)   High Temperature (C)   Input Voltage (V)   High Battery Voltage
1                   0            0:00                         0                           16.7                                   5                               24.7

Also, the data report screen shows the ungodly number of umpteen thousand total amp-hours. I had thought the latest beta firmware upgrade for the Classic 150 would take care of that for older Classics (ca. 00330), or are we still waiting for a newer Local App for that?

Any ideas on the abberant reporting?

Kurt, you may have to wait a while for the list/chart to fully populate before that export button becomes active.

Thanks.

-Dave
2.15 kW (10 Evergreen ES-A-215), Magnum MS4024, Classic 150, 6 Trojan IND29-4V @ 1570AH. Off grid since 1975.

boB

Quote from: djohnm on December 04, 2012, 01:42:17 PM

Kurt, you may have to wait a while for the list/chart to fully populate before that export button becomes active.

Thanks.

-Dave

Yes, this is the case.  You have to wait for the Local App to gather the entire 380 days of logging data before
the export button is available.

As for the big Amp-Hours, there is a thread that shows how to reset the Lifetime kW-Hours and Amp-hours.

This requires the use of the USB connection and a terminal emulator.

The post is titled  "150 Data Erase"

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dgd

Quote from: boB on December 04, 2012, 04:59:28 PM

Yes, this is the case.  You have to wait for the Local App to gather the entire 380 days of logging data before
the export button is available.

boB

boB,  you forgot the smiley face after the word 'entire'.  ;)
Can the local app stay connected for 380 days?    (No sarcasm intended!)
Just a suggestion but would it not be more useful if the export button exported what log info was available?

Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000

boB

HAHA !  GOod one, DGD !   ;D

OK, new Local App bug that may explain some behavior regarding EQUALIZE...

If the Classic is in EQUALIZE or EQ MPPT and  then, from the Local App,
you change something in the Classic that makes the
Classic save settings to its non-vomitable EEprom memory,  at the same
time, it will STOP the EQualize and the Classic charge stage will drop back
to whatever charge stage it was in before the EQ was started.

So, if the Classic was in Bulk/Absorb and you start an EQ, then, from the Local
App you changed something in the config menus and COMMIT (save to Classic
and EEprom), the Classic will go back to Bulk/Absorb.

If you were in Float and start an EQ and then save a setting from the Local App,
the Classic will revert to Float.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

djohnm

Thanks for the reference to the '150 Data Erase' thread, boB. I'll give that a shot (though using PuTTY will be a new, fun experience for me ;))

On that offline data discrepancy, I  realized the next day that what is happening is the Local App is reporting data a day late. So, the data I expected to see on Monday (for Sunday) actually showed up on Tuesday as Day One. Monday's data showed up on Wednesday in the #1 row, Tuesday's showed up Thursday and Wednesday's showed up today (Friday). I also remembered that not only had I done a firmware update to the Classic Sunday night (and reset the date/time), but at one point during the day I had also inadvertently knocked the Classic breakers off.

So, should I presume that just uninstalling and re-installing the Local App would sync everything up again or is there something different I should do?

Thanks!

-Dave
2.15 kW (10 Evergreen ES-A-215), Magnum MS4024, Classic 150, 6 Trojan IND29-4V @ 1570AH. Off grid since 1975.

boB

Quote from: djohnm on December 07, 2012, 10:54:26 AM
Thanks for the reference to the '150 Data Erase' thread, boB. I'll give that a shot (though using PuTTY will be a new, fun experience for me ;))

On that offline data discrepancy, I  realized the next day that what is happening is the Local App is reporting data a day late. So, the data I expected to see on Monday (for Sunday) actually showed up on Tuesday as Day One. Monday's data showed up on Wednesday in the #1 row, Tuesday's showed up Thursday and Wednesday's showed up today (Friday). I also remembered that not only had I done a firmware update to the Classic Sunday night (and reset the date/time), but at one point during the day I had also inadvertently knocked the Classic breakers off.

So, should I presume that just uninstalling and re-installing the Local App would sync everything up again or is there something different I should do?

Thanks!

-Dave

We are in the process of adding the time and date to this data rather than, or in addition to the index number on the left.

It shouldn't hurt to re-install the Local App.  Once in a while this is necessary but I haven't seen it necessary for me in quite
a long time now.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dgd

Excellent new local app  8)   
The wind graph editor is excellent.

Some possible bugs..

Offline data shows input volts in range 80 to 89 volts however input is from strings of 4 by 17.6 volt panels = 60 to 69 volts.
I have never ever seen input above 74 volts. So is this a highest seen for the day or an average? Every entry seems 20 volts too high
looking through logs when MX60 was on these panels the input voltage was never over 73.8v with 99%+ in 64 to 68 volt range.

The first line of offline data is for the day before yesterday, entry index 1, is there an entry index 0 for yesterday?

live data bar graph bat volts input volts and watts, when cursor moved over volts little box shows actual volts then crashes and app has lost Classic. the minimised display says UNKNOWN but ip number is there, RETRYING forever. Other Classics shown as normal.

Like the colour change but change for one Classic effects other Classics, nice if each Classic set to different colour  :)

dgd

boB

Quote from: dgd on December 07, 2012, 03:23:29 PM
Excellent new local app  8)   
The wind graph editor is excellent.

Some possible bugs..

Offline data shows input volts in range 80 to 89 volts however input is from strings of 4 by 17.6 volt panels = 60 to 69 volts.
I have never ever seen input above 74 volts. So is this a highest seen for the day or an average? Every entry seems 20 volts too high
looking through logs when MX60 was on these panels the input voltage was never over 73.8v with 99%+ in 64 to 68 volt range.

The first line of offline data is for the day before yesterday, entry index 1, is there an entry index 0 for yesterday?

live data bar graph bat volts input volts and watts, when cursor moved over volts little box shows actual volts then crashes and app has lost Classic. the minimised display says UNKNOWN but ip number is there, RETRYING forever. Other Classics shown as normal.

Like the colour change but change for one Classic effects other Classics, nice if each Classic set to different colour  :)

dgd

Looking into these...

The index 0 missing thing may or may not take a little while though.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me