Monitoring a Classic with Mango SCADA software

Started by stephendv, January 04, 2013, 04:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevededrick

You guys might also be interested to know that it would be real easy to add a modbus controller to mango along with your classic that has relays and sensor inputs.  You could easily add:
All for a fraction of the cost that Draker or Fat Spaniel :)

Then you could use the Mango Automation scripting data source to create automation logic that will control loads, adjust thermostats, turn on pumps, you name it.  Here is an old example we did in the coldest place in the lower 48 states - Frasier Colorado.  http://infiniteautomation.com/index.php/solution-examples/4-ecodashboard.html

Have fun!
Steve
4.6kW Evergreen 200's
2 - Xantrex MPPT 60's (should have bought a classic...)
8 - 8A8D batteries 245ah@48V
Xantrex XW inverter
Midnite Epanel
(also extensively tested Heart Transverter's in place of my Xantrex for 2 years)

mtdoc

Quote from: Stevededrick on January 18, 2013, 04:25:46 PM

All for a fraction of the cost that Draker or Fat Spaniel :)

Couldn't you do the same thing with an Arduino for even less money?
Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.

Stevededrick

The Arduino might be a good way to go too.  I'm not really familiar with all its features.  A lot of Arduino users have downloaded Mango Automation. 

Does the Arduino have much of a UI?  Does it store data and serve up trending?  I've been meaning to investigate this more.

Take care,
Steve
4.6kW Evergreen 200's
Xantrex XW inverter
Midnite Epanel
(also extensively tested Heart Transverter's in place of my Xantrex for 2 years)

Westbranch

Steve I think your post # 15 is missing a few links...??
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

mtdoc

Quote from: Stevededrick on January 18, 2013, 05:03:29 PM
The Arduino might be a good way to go too.  I'm not really familiar with all its features.  A lot of Arduino users have downloaded Mango Automation. 

Does the Arduino have much of a UI?  Does it store data and serve up trending?  I've been meaning to investigate this more.

Take care,
Steve

Well, I'm just learning Arduino myself- got one a few weeks ago - so no expert here.  I'm also no programmer- though in the past I've done a fair amount of programming with LabView and have played a bit with Python.  I'm just now learning Arduino's very friendly IDE.  What  I know is that the  Arduino has multiple analog and digital I/O's and has decent A/D capability.  It connects via USB (or wirelessly with a bluetooth, Wifi, or Xbee shield) to a host computer (could be a Raspberry Pi).

UI is via the IDE on  the host computer.  The possibilities for using it to stream data from multilple sensors (or log data for later delivery) to a host computer or directly to a web host seem endless given the numerous hardware shields available, large user community,  etc...  All for a very low cost.

There is a modbus  library for the Arduino IDE.

So it seems to me that it could do what the DataNab "relay output module" does with a lot more flexibility and for less money.

The sensor data from the Arduino could then be put to good use by something like Mango or Labview... :D

But - I'm still learning this stuff.....

Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.

Stevededrick

Quote from: Westbranch on January 18, 2013, 05:35:04 PM
Steve I think your post # 15 is missing a few links...??
Opps - I just modified the post and added this link to a project we did http://infiniteautomation.com/index.php/solution-examples/4-ecodashboard.html

www.Datanab.com has a fair amount of the sensors we used.

Steve
4.6kW Evergreen 200's
Xantrex XW inverter
Midnite Epanel

stephendv

Quote from: TomW on January 18, 2013, 03:56:47 PM
Still no go with your script.

Pity!  Well it's raining cats and dogs here, so no outside work for me.  If you're feeling brave you could give me SSH access into your rPI and I'll try and fix it for you.
You can get me on email at: stephendv at gmail dot com.

TomW

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Stevededrick

I'd love to hear more about your testing as it goes.  Looks very promising!

Take care,
Steve

Quote from: mtdoc on January 18, 2013, 05:38:06 PM
Quote from: Stevededrick on January 18, 2013, 05:03:29 PM

Take care,
Steve

Well, I'm just learning Arduino myself- got one a few weeks ago - so no expert here.  I'm also no programmer- though in the past I've done a fair amount of programming with LabView and have played a bit with Python.  I'm just now learning Arduino's very friendly IDE.  What  I know is that the  Arduino has multiple analog and digital I/O's and has decent A/D capability.  It connects via USB (or wirelessly with a bluetooth, Wifi, or Xbee shield) to a host computer (could be a Raspberry Pi).

UI is via the IDE on  the host computer.  The possibilities for using it to stream data from multilple sensors (or log data for later delivery) to a host computer or directly to a web host seem endless given the numerous hardware shields available, large user community,  etc...  All for a very low cost.

There is a modbus  library for the Arduino IDE.

So it seems to me that it could do what the DataNab "relay output module" does with a lot more flexibility and for less money.

The sensor data from the Arduino could then be put to good use by something like Mango or Labview... :D

But - I'm still learning this stuff.....
4.6kW Evergreen 200's
Xantrex XW inverter
Midnite Epanel

fca

Hi there
I'm using a fork of mango ScadaBR and here you have my first view, viewed by mango

http://tinyurl.com/o7vfbox

boB

Quote from: fca on July 18, 2013, 06:00:41 PM
Hi there
I'm using a fork of mango ScadaBR and here you have my first view, viewed by mango

http://tinyurl.com/o7vfbox

That's pretty cool, FCA !!

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me