Skip day logic?

Started by sigp2101, September 22, 2016, 12:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigp2101

I tried to search but could not find the answer.
If I set skip day to be 1, CC will skip one day and charge next day and then skip another day.
If I set skip day to be 2, CC will skip two days and charge on third day and then skip another two days.
If I set skip day to be 3, CC will skip three days and charge on fourth day and then skip another three days and so on. Is this logic right?

Is there any way to make Classic to charge 5 days in the row and then skip 2 and repeat that cycle?

Off grid system:
3 X 230W 36V 8A SolarWorld in series,
Classic 150,
36V BB - 225Ah 6x6V Trojan T-105 T2,
3000W psw Inverter,
Fridge 159KWh/Y, 30W led lights, laptop, TV.

Eleceng1979

Sigp2101,

While I do not own a classic, the feature you describe requires a custom firmware if not currently available.  I am assuming you want it to stop charging due to full batteries and long intervals away from the unit???  not sure of your scenario of needing this.

An alternative would be to use the AUX2 input to force the unit to "REST"  see below...

Resting will show on the display when the Classic is not charging the batteries, this is typically due to low light. If the Classic is resting and should not be, make sure Aux2 is not set to a logic input that is forcing it into resting.

FORCE FLOAT IN IN > 6V Forces Float
LOGIC INPUT 2 IN < 2V = Resting or IN > 6V = Charge
LOGIC INPUT 1 IN > 6V = Resting or IN < 2V = Charge

By using some simple logic one could use the AUX2 input to force the CC to rest and stop charging.  You could use a 7 day programmable thermostat, program days you want on/off, hell even the time of day too!  or you could do some voltage measuring to allow the batteries to drain to XXVDC and then engage the unit again.  With this logic, the sky is the limit to stopping the unit on your terms.  Like I said, not trying to derail your efforts or request as I am not understanding the WHY aspect of your question.
12.96 kW PV = 48 x Canadian Solar CS6K-270M - 2 x SMA Sunny Boy 6.0-US - Ironridge Ground Mount
Record Day = 81.847 kWhr

B17 and 2x1700AH batteries on my Christmas list for santa

sigp2101

Quote from: Eleceng1979 on September 22, 2016, 04:44:14 PM
Sigp2101,

While I do not own a classic, the feature you describe requires a custom firmware if not currently available.  I am assuming you want it to stop charging due to full batteries and long intervals away from the unit???  not sure of your scenario of needing this.

An alternative would be to use the AUX2 input to force the unit to "REST"  see below...

Resting will show on the display when the Classic is not charging the batteries, this is typically due to low light. If the Classic is resting and should not be, make sure Aux2 is not set to a logic input that is forcing it into resting.

FORCE FLOAT IN IN > 6V Forces Float
LOGIC INPUT 2 IN < 2V = Resting or IN > 6V = Charge
LOGIC INPUT 1 IN > 6V = Resting or IN < 2V = Charge

By using some simple logic one could use the AUX2 input to force the CC to rest and stop charging.  You could use a 7 day programmable thermostat, program days you want on/off, hell even the time of day too!  or you could do some voltage measuring to allow the batteries to drain to XXVDC and then engage the unit again.  With this logic, the sky is the limit to stopping the unit on your terms.  Like I said, not trying to derail your efforts or request as I am not understanding the WHY aspect of your question.

Thanks for the Ideas, appreciated.

As for the WHY it is irrelevant, I was just trying to get confirmation on how SKP - Days  function works under Advanced menu of Classic Controller. Someone to confirm logic built into because I couldn't find it explained on this forum, manual or in videos I watched.
Off grid system:
Classic 150,
3000W psw Inverter,

Vic

Quote from: sigp2101 on September 22, 2016, 12:38:10 PM
I tried to search but could not find the answer.
If I set skip day to be 1, CC will skip one day and charge next day and then skip another day.
If I set skip day to be 2, CC will skip two days and charge on third day and then skip another two days.
If I set skip day to be 3, CC will skip three days and charge on fourth day and then skip another three days and so on. Is this logic right?

Hi sigp..,

YES,  the way that you have stated it is absolutely correct,  in that on the day that charging occurs,  it is just an attempt to charge,  and the following day/s are skipped,  even if there was NOT a complete charge done on that charge day.

At this point,  there is nothing in the FW to allow one to select any additional,  successive charge days.

For the two main systems here,  the Skip Day function is quite useful,  and has been in continuous use since its advent.

Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

sigp2101

Quote from: Vic on September 23, 2016, 01:48:56 PM

Hi sigp..,

YES,  the way that you have stated it is absolutely correct,  in that on the day that charging occurs,  it is just an attempt to charge,  and the following day/s are skipped,  even if there was NOT a complete charge done on that charge day.

At this point,  there is nothing in the FW to allow one to select any additional,  successive charge days.

For the two main systems here,  the Skip Day function is quite useful,  and has been in continuous use since its advent.

Vic

Thanks, that is what I needed!
Off grid system:
Classic 150,
3000W psw Inverter,