qustion from new classic owner

Started by hedgecrawler, June 14, 2017, 01:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hedgecrawler

Hi have a few questions, which i dont think the manual can help with, have a classic 150,

firstly, morning and evening the classic toggles beetween resting and bulk or resting and float causing a clicking that sounds like a relay, sometimes says pv shading but mainy just clicks. i may have just sorted this by turning pv shading off, however it still clicks just a bit slower not sure if i affected it or the suns just come up a few degrees. basically is this normal?

also yesterday evening, sundown, classic was resting, and all of a sudden all leds and fans came on then stopped, almost like the power had been cut and then reconnected, yet it hadnt.

one more when i first installed the classic every so often in the evening/night i would get a flash of yllow light on the left hand side of the display, now is that current limiting? why would it be current limitig at night?

thanks for any help and advice in advance

hedgecrawler

oh and the fans on the classic although working on startup, ie when unit is turned off and on again, dont seem to run at all, is the classic not working hard enough, pcb temp is: 46.6 i assume that is celcius and that is the readout from the printed circit board what temp should the fans kick in at?

bee88man

You need to set the clock corect in the Classic. As you you describe, it has it's days and night mixed up.

ClassicCrazy

What version of firmware do you have in your Classic ?
Also need more details of your system - panel configuration, battery type, Classic settings, etc.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

hedgecrawler

clock is correct

running 2x rec solar 255w pannels series
(this can be changed to 2 strings of 255w pannels depending on condition of second battery bank)
classic 150
4x trojan l16's at 12v
victron 2000w slimline inverter

Vic

Hi hedge..,

Thanks for the added info ...
But,  what IS the Firmware version that you are running for the Classic,  and MNGP ??

Also,  please check all connections on the DC side  --  battery interconnects,   torque on the breakers for the 12 V battery and the PV inputs.

Relay clicks are quite common on almost all MPPT CCs near sunrise and sunset.   The CC is trying to see if there is enough power available from the PVs to make more than about 15 watts of charge power,   if not,  the Classic will rest,   and try again later.   This mostly depends upon the Voc at the time.

Thanks,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

hedgecrawler

just trying to find the firmware details how do i make the graphics panel display it?, also running a wbjr.

Vic

Hi hedge..,  Thanks ...

OK,  that is the Serial Number of the Classic,   and does imply that it has fairly current Firmware.

If you push the left small,  round button on the MNGP about six times,  you should be able to read the Fw version of the Classic,  MNGP and Network.

You may not be using the Local Application via the Classic Ethernet port,  yet,  but the Fw version numbers should be visible there,  as well.

Please do check the torque and soundness of ALL connections on ALL DC connections  --  everything.

Later,  thanks,    Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

hedgecrawler

ok gotcha its 2079

yes i am using the midnite app but canot access the internet at the same time due to having a direct to pc connection, all nuts checked and tightened. ive done dc only for the last 10 years, just getting sorted with a posh system.

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: hedgecrawler on June 14, 2017, 01:59:03 PM
ok gotcha its 2079

yes i am using the midnite app but canot access the internet at the same time due to having a direct to pc connection, all nuts checked and tightened. ive done dc only for the last 10 years, just getting sorted with a posh system.

That 2079 firmware is a couple years old - it would be good to update to newest version.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

hedgecrawler

ok so i am updating to new firmware, have downloaded the zip file extracted it all, computer im using had windows 8.1 i beleive, or 10 a little unsure,

when attempting to get the drivers installed, got an error message: the third party inf does not contain digital signiture infomation, now i then try this the other way through control panel, manage devices right click show it where to install the drivers from following the guides on midnite website, end up with the same error message

attatching the message

am i doing something wrong, any advice welcome.

ClassicCrazy

Are you following these instructions ?

For windows 10

http://midniteftp.com/firmware/Firmware%20install%20with%20Windows%2010%20REVA%201-17.pdf

Link below is for windows 7 but has detailed instructions on how to install driver
Didn't think you need it for directions above for Windows 10 but anywhere look at this if above doesn't help
http://midniteftp.com/firmware/Firmware%20install%20with%20Windows%207%20REVB%201-17.pdf

Larry

system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

The others have given some good information on the driver issue.

BTW, I just myself used the latest and greatest (from the website) Classic windows updater and it worked
really nice !

As for the fan not coming on, that temperature of 46 degrees is too low for them to come on yet.
The fans will come on somewhere in the mid 50 degree ranges as I remember.

Thanks !
boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Resthome

What OS are you using?  As Larry said follow the instructions exactly step by step in the correct order. That driver does not have a signature file and the OS normally throws that error. Again see appropriate instructions.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA