DCM9040 battery monitor

Started by Barry Fields, April 21, 2024, 09:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Fields

I do appreciate the offer but I have no practical experience with communication protocols. I am an 74 year old analog hardwire kinda guy. My solar system presently has NO wifi/RS485 or any other digital interfaces. For me to come up to speed on that stuff,however much I would like to expand my knowledge, it would probably be the last thing I do (literally).

I do not want my tombstone to read "Just when he started to understand modbus". ;)
20 years experience in Field Service and Engineering Support in life support equipment and the computer Industry.
I pride myself in diagnostic skills and NOT knowing everything. I do know how to ask the right questions of those who should know the answers. I can do this politely.

Barry Fields

Just installed my new DCM-120100C meter.

Externally the same as the older DCM-9040. Fits in the panel hole just fine. External 100a 75mv shunt placed in the low side PV total to charge controller.

The new calibration procedure is much more straight forward if ya carefully read the instructions provided.

Seems to be performing well for monitoring PV power delivered by the panels to the charge controller.

I have no use for the AH or SOC readings so can make statement concerning them.
20 years experience in Field Service and Engineering Support in life support equipment and the computer Industry.
I pride myself in diagnostic skills and NOT knowing everything. I do know how to ask the right questions of those who should know the answers. I can do this politely.