Any idea when the Panels for the DIY will be out?

Started by qrper, October 02, 2022, 02:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qrper

Like the subject line says, I watched Ryan talk about the new epanel for the DIY and wondering when I might see one.

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Robin

They are being built now. So, I can't imagine why it would take more than a week or two.
Here is the manual for one of them.
Robin
Robin Gudgel

Robin

We are also working on an addition for those that want to be totally code compliant. This is a module that has DC arc fault, ground fault and battery overvoltage protection. We took a sample unit to Solar Power International a week ago in Anaheim. We were totally caught off guard as to how many companies are interested in this module. Once we get the enclosures on order and a manual, it will be submitted to ETL or CSA. The E-panels will also be getting submitted as soon as they are ready. We will be shipping without approvals though as we are quite late in getting them into production.
Robin Gudgel

qrper

Quote from: Robin on October 02, 2022, 06:11:01 PM
We are also working on an addition for those that want to be totally code compliant. This is a module that has DC arc fault, ground fault and battery overvoltage protection. We took a sample unit to Solar Power International a week ago in Anaheim. We were totally caught off guard as to how many companies are interested in this module. Once we get the enclosures on order and a manual, it will be submitted to ETL or CSA. The E-panels will also be getting submitted as soon as they are ready. We will be shipping without approvals though as we are quite late in getting them into production.

I can understand why, sound like a slick piece of electronics.

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

qrper

Quote from: Robin on October 02, 2022, 06:05:48 PM
They are being built now. So, I can't imagine why it would take more than a week or two.
Here is the manual for one of them.
Robin

Hi, Robin,

Did a quick glance through the manual. Kudos to the team that put the manual together. It appears to be very professional.

mike

Idaho Solar Enthusiast

Pleased to hear that the E-Panels are out for the DIY units. Bit the bullet and purchased a MN3024diy for my first 1.2kW system. (I think I am exactly the type of customer this unit was intended for - budget, smaller system, newish to solar, etc.)

So, a question regarding the E-Panels.  Considering simplfying my life and  picking up the E-Panel as well: having everything clean, connected to the panel in conduit, etc. The one video (linked previously by others) out there (YouTube) looks great.

To the newby question - the E-Panel blocks the only two fans on the 3024diy.  Wouldn't that have a significant effect on cooling the unit and the panel?

boB

Evidently these E-Panels have been available for a couple of months now.

The epanel does not block the fans. There are openings on the end that correspond to the fans.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Idaho Solar Enthusiast

Thanks for the info!

I bit the bullet and purchased the e-panel for the 3024 from NAS today.  I was surprised it was significantly more expensive than the e-panel for the 48V diys.  While most of the breakers made sense to me given the 3024 specs, the 200A breaker surprised me (particularly given those specs and the fact that the 48V panels have 125s.

There is so little content out there on these products.  I plan on posting my experiences setting up the 3024, e-panel, etc. with a 1.2kW array on YT.  If anyone else (other than Ryans which are great but not too detailed yet) knows of content out there, please let me know.

Thanks again

Idaho Solar Enthusiast

Quote from: Robin on October 02, 2022, 06:11:01 PMWe are also working on an addition for those that want to be totally code compliant. This is a module that has DC arc fault, ground fault and battery overvoltage protection. We took a sample unit to Solar Power International a week ago in Anaheim. We were totally caught off guard as to how many companies are interested in this module. Once we get the enclosures on order and a manual, it will be submitted to ETL or CSA. The E-panels will also be getting submitted as soon as they are ready. We will be shipping without approvals though as we are quite late in getting them into production.

I just purchased a 3024 + e-panel (the diy unit just arrived, waiting on the e-panel).  Recognizing to its takes quite awhile to get these products to market, is there an update on when this module might be available?