Local App in 2022 Using Linux and Wine

Started by solarboi, December 10, 2022, 05:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarboi

So I went down the Local App in Linux rabbit hole yesterday and was successful!

I'm on Ubuntu 22.10, but these instructions should roughly work for any Debian. Other distros: YMMV. Here are the steps as well as I can reproduce them:

1. Start up a 32-bit wine environment:

dpkg --add-architecture i386 && apt-get update && apt-get install wine32:i386
mkdir ~/.wine32
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 winecfg

2. Install fonts. Use winetricks for this:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Winetricks/winetricks/master/src/winetricks
chmod a+x winetricks
WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 ./winetricks corefonts

3. Install wininet and urlmon. These need to be native for everything to work.
WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 ./winetricks wininet
WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 ./winetricks urlmon

4. Download Adobe Air 3.2. This can be a pain to find so I've posted it here. I used version 3.2.0.2070.

5. Install it. This is where you'll hit an error if you haven't installed all the dependencies above.
WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wine adobe-air-3-2-0-2070-AdobeAIRInstaller.exe

6. This should go smoothly and you should find the following file on your disk:
$HOME/.wine32/drive_c/Program Files/Common Files/Adobe AIR/Versions/1.0/Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe

7. Now run it with the LocalApp air application file you downloaded:
cd $HOME/.wine32/drive_c/Program\ Files/Common\ Files/Adobe\ AIR/Versions/1.0/
WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wine Adobe\ AIR\ Application\ Installer.exe ~/Downloads/LocalStatusPanel.air

8. This should allow you to install the app. Now try to run it:
cd $HOME/.wine32/drive_c/Program\ Files/MidNite\ Solar/LocalStatusPanel/
WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wine LocalStatusPanel.exe

Let me know if you encounter issues and I'll try to help!

boB

YaY !!

Thank you for the tips on using it on Linux !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

good to see you got it to work on Linux.
In case you are interested in other monitoring for Classic check out these.
Since the Classic is limited to only one IP connection at a time, sending the data via MQTT lets you monitor it with many connections all at once.
https://github.com/ClassicDIY

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

solarboi

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on December 10, 2022, 06:00:35 PM
Since the Classic is limited to only one IP connection at a time, sending the data via MQTT lets you monitor it with many connections all at once.

Larry

Yup! That is definitely in my plans. I eventually want to just have one device subscribe to my classics over Modbus and jam all the readings into InfluxDB so I can do whatever I want with them. I also plan to somehow expose control of both Classics and my Magnasine inverters if that's possible. I know it's possible with the inverters because they have a remote control unit that uses RS 485 to change settings, so worst case I need to reverse the proprietary protocol. The goal would be to have a linux console in the house that can change any setting I want in the solar shed. I plan to use a lot of prior art once I get going there.

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: solarboi on December 12, 2022, 12:28:36 AM
Quote from: ClassicCrazy on December 10, 2022, 06:00:35 PM

Larry

Yup! That is definitely in my plans. I eventually want to just have one device subscribe to my classics over Modbus and jam all the readings into InfluxDB so I can do whatever I want with them. I also plan to somehow expose control of both Classics and my Magnasine inverters if that's possible. I know it's possible with the inverters because they have a remote control unit that uses RS 485 to change settings, so worst case I need to reverse the proprietary protocol. The goal would be to have a linux console in the house that can change any setting I want in the solar shed. I plan to use a lot of prior art once I get going there.

Look like someone else already took on the Magnum inverters ( if that is the same as what you have). So maybe this will help you
http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=2458.0

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable