Issue adding 4th classic to mqtt

Started by ForeverHomestead, December 21, 2022, 05:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverHomestead

I have been using the method described here: https://github.com/ClassicDIY/ClassicMQTT/tree/master/code/Python to get the data from my classic 150s (3 in total) via option 3 for the past couple years.  It has been working great.

I just added a 4th classic 250 for a wind turbine.  I edited the .env file to include the ip address, port, and name of the 4th and ran the:
docker-compose -f classic_mqtt_compose.yml build

and then:
docker-compose -f classic_mqtt_compose.yml up

I did not see an error.  however I am not getting any data from it.  mqtt explorer only shows the first 3 classics.  not the 4th.

am I missing something?

ClassicCrazy

Did you double check the spelling of the Classic to make sure it matches the .env file ?
Capital letters make a difference too.
Are you running the docker programs ? I know that I need to restart telegraf after making changes.
But not sure exactly what you are running there .
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ClassicCrazy

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ForeverHomestead

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on December 21, 2022, 06:19:07 PM
There is some trouble shooting info using mqtt explorer on this page
https://github.com/ClassicDIY/ClassicMQTT/wiki/3.1-Raspberry-Pi-setup-using-IOTStack
Larry

I am angry with past self for not making notes.  I don't completely remember what the whole setup was.  I remember using portainer for something.  I of course dont remember my login for that.

what do you mean by checking spelling.  I made the name following the same convention as the first 3.  I think that is the only place that the name shows up.  Is there some other place that I should name it? 

ForeverHomestead

Oh I figured it out.  I missed an entry.  All working now.

ClassicCrazy

Okay - good to hear you got it working.
If you are running IOTstack like I do- all I do is edit the telegraf.conf file to add something , then save it.
I restart telegraf using portainer and everything works.
I have used the same telegraf file to add all my mqtt devices - like tasmota temp sensors, energy monitors, etc.
I made a video ( series of videos actually ) that shows in detail how I do this.
https://youtu.be/xKxGaerzNKM
Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable