multiple remote classics visible via local app?

Started by Rob Linschoten, April 18, 2023, 07:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Linschoten

We use the App locally and it populates with all 5 of our Classics no problem. Remotely we have always just looked at/adjusted the master follow-me Classic as it monitors the Whizbang Jr.
We use a Pepwave MAX BR1 cellular modem with a public IP pointed at our DYNDNS address.

Now however we would like to remotely monitor/control two other Classics as well. Cannot get them to show. All the obvious things have been done (or I wouldn't be writing this, LOL) Web-enabled, port forwarding, UDP, TCP, etc.
They show up on MyMidnite without any problem but I want to make adjustments now and then. I tried the Classic Status 4 app and it behaves the same way: just the one Classic shows up.

I think were we went wrong was trying to use port 502 for all of them. Should I be changing the port number on the other units of interest to 503, 504?

Cheers

Rob L.
7.8kW PV
4 Classic150, WBjR shunt
1 Classic 250 for hydro at night, PV during daylight
1 Outback FX3524 for domestic power (240VAC via transformer)
1 Magnum 4024PAE for shop power with phone/auto gen start
8 Switch SWE6-420 (4S-2P) for 840AH@20H-Lead Carbon
3 Junluck battery equalizers

ClassicCrazy

MyMidnite works differently than the Local Status app. The web enabled setting is only for MyMidnite and doesn't do anything for viewing on Local Status app.
If your Classics show up on the Local Status app and you can get into that remotely , you should be able to see and control all of them.
Do you have the Classics set with Static IP address ? In past I have changed my Classics to DHCP and they showed up , and then I set them back to static when I had issues. You can also try uninstalling and reinstall the Local Status app and then see if it discovers them. You shouldn't have to change the port since the Local Status app will find them all in the same port.
Also remember that you can only have one IP connection at a time to the Classics ( MyMidnite doesn't affect this )
So if you had a different monitoring program running connected to the Classic over IP and then tried to connect to it using Local Status app  - the local status app won't be able to connect until you disconnected the other monitoring program.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ClassicCrazy

If you just want to monitor there are some other options - Grahams Classic Monitoring app for Android is a good one and available on the Playstore.
Graham also has a project to convert the Classic data to mqtt and if you do that you can have multiple devices getting the mqtt data at the same time , or send the mqtt data out to IOT server and then also remotely use the Classic Monitoring app to get it, or any program that gets mqtt data like Grafana.  That way you don't have to open up all the ports in a router.
But all of these options are for monitoring only . They use a raspberry pi or esp32 to get the data from the Classics.
More info here
https://github.com/ClassicDIY
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Rob Linschoten

We use Graham's awesome app on a wall mounted tablet in the kitchen but turn it off when we are gone. It is also on my phone but it only picks up the single Classic as well when we are travelling.
Ok, that helps, thank you. Right now the Classics are all on static IP. The previous Cell modem had a setting to reserve an ip range for static assignments. The new one does not appear to have that option. Will try setting a few Classics to DHCP.

Never a dull day... ::)

Rob
7.8kW PV
4 Classic150, WBjR shunt
1 Classic 250 for hydro at night, PV during daylight
1 Outback FX3524 for domestic power (240VAC via transformer)
1 Magnum 4024PAE for shop power with phone/auto gen start
8 Switch SWE6-420 (4S-2P) for 840AH@20H-Lead Carbon
3 Junluck battery equalizers