New Communication Box

Started by Resthome, January 16, 2017, 01:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebenbayer

Offgrid;
25KW solar array
MicroHydro @ 150 ft of head w/ adaptive water sensing.
2000 AH 48 V ( Tesla Model S Battery packs in 2s1p format)
240 Gal integrated DHW / pressurized thermal storage

boB

THIS, in my opinion, is exactly what a dashboard for our equipment should look like !

It is AWESOME !

You are the man, W B !
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Jim,  this display has been looking great,   and looking better all the time.

Sure could use the ability to monitor,  and, especially control the Canbus products,  remotely.   We have a remote site, which runs two Classics, and is on the same network as the main cabin system.  SO,  it seems that much of the monitoring of that system could be done by the Classics, but would need to swith a Barcelona, or HB to Float,  change Abosrb time settings,  and few other things to be quite useful.

Thank you for all of your off-the-clock work, so far.

Great work!  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

Vic, controlling can also be done.

I would think that would be another screen though.

For starters, this monitoring view is wonderful !

No, make that beautiful !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Quote from: boB on January 28, 2023, 01:44:06 PMVic, controlling can also be done.

I would think that would be another screen though.

For starters, this monitoring view is wonderful !

No, make that beautiful !

boB

It IS Beautiful !!   I cannot wait!  Thanks, Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.

Wizbandit

Actually I was working on a little bit of code to make changes.  Grafana and the dashboards don't have any way to do inputs.  But Python has a neat little web server that allows you to take input using HTML and populate variables.  That means I can write MODBUS registers to the Classic.  My HTML (Web Page building) really sucks!  I did manage to throw some simple pages together.  I was laid up for months with retina repairs and recovery so it got pushed to the back burner.  Then came the CANBUS stuff so off I went on CANBUS code for the COMBOX.

Wizbandit

Here are the quick graphs & gauges I made for Hawkes Bay and Barcelona. Nothing fancy just quick and easy.  FYI all the gauges, graphs and dials are user customization.  All I do is put the data formatted into a time series database.  The user can select and build any number of these any way they want.

Vic

Hi Jim,  this graphic info displays really look great!

It does look like you have made a lot of progress.

Sorry to read of your Retinal problem.  Take care and heal well.

Thank you for sharing your work here.  It is impressive!

The CAN bus products are a huge step foreward.   Thanks again, Vic

Wizbandit

Well, I was told the COMBOX was a dead project and to stop working on it.  I had most of the code written and did fiddle on my spare time to get things cleaned up and optimized.  Played with making some gauges & graphs with the available data.  Made some development graphs for boB the engineer to help us root out system coordination issues between Rosie, Hawks bay and Barcelona.

I have a system with Combox in my power room that is in the garage and I have a system in my wood shop building about 60 feet from the house also with a Combox.  the wood Shop system has a Rosie, HB120 and Barcelona with a Sunny Island 6K setup to sell the extra power to the grid.

The Garage has 4 Classics and a stacked set of Trace SW5548's to sell to the grid.  I pulled the array off one Classic and put up a HB90 for testing in the "Power Room".

I built a "System Aggregation" ROW in Grafana to gather all the data from all the installed equipment and give me one view.  What is nice about the databases I use in the Combox is you can pull data from another one on the same network and build graphs just as if it were local.  Way cool.

boB

Yeah, it is not dead ! 

Only some will be able to use it at first at least for outside premises monitoring if your ISP does not allow port forwarding (CGNAT) such as Star Link.  At least at first.

The product is far from dead, just not on the top of the list of work that needs to be done though.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

LilMT

Glad it is not dead.  I think it will be a fantastic addition to your lineup.

The whole CGNAT stuff is a bummer, but I am sure it will be overcome someday.

I really look forward to seeing one in action.  Even though I am behind a CGNAT wall, I would still love to have it for when I am at my place.  The remote aspect is cool, but the flexibility and the diverse use case for the Combox would be the prime driver for me.

Hope it doesn't stay on the back burner too long. Fingers Crossed.
Thanks,
LilMT

Classic 250, 3s2p Trina Solar 405watt, 8 Renogy 200ah for 48V 400ah, Magnasine 4448 inverter.

Wizbandit

Have been piddling with adding Rosie Inverter stuff, boy there is a lot of things she can do...

AC GRID SUPPORT
GENERATOR CONTROL
AUX FUNCTIONS GALORE
REMOTE BATTERY SENSE
AND MORE...

Rosie_grafana1.JPGRosie_grafana2.JPG 

qrper

Quote from: Wizbandit on May 18, 2023, 03:52:32 PMHave been piddling with adding Rosie Inverter stuff, boy there is a lot of things she can do...

AC GRID SUPPORT
GENERATOR CONTROL
AUX FUNCTIONS GALORE
REMOTE BATTERY SENSE
AND MORE...

Rosie_grafana1.JPGRosie_grafana2.JPG 

Okay! Just take my money!

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.