Beta Combox update

Started by Highflyer, August 13, 2023, 02:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highflyer

Any update on the beta combox boards?  Are they in house yet? 
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Wizbandit

I have been working on building a new SD card with newer Linux and trying to reduce it's size from 9GB+.  I had to rebuild some CANBUS drivers and install all the stuff needed to run, not a small task.  I'm 90% done but we have a heatwave here and the Woodshop BTS is 96 degrees, the heat index is over 115 degrees.  I don't have my insulated walls up so I can't run the mini-split A/C yet.   COMBOX has been locking up, I'm not sure if it's code bugs or heat related, I cracked the case open on one side, have 3 big fans running trying to keep Rosies, H-Bays and Barcelona cool, if that is even possible blowing 95 degree air...

I made a new SD card for the Woodshop and fired it up this morning, been running good so far, over night will tell.  The two development units I have running in my office have not locked up but one only has an MNGP2 being polled for data, the other I use to test boot up of new SD cards.

If I can get the present code stable all I need to do is write some update from a USB thumb drive code. The beta units can only be updated by copying new code to a folder, plugging it into the COMBOX and press UPDATE in the CONFIG web page.

I'll try and post weekly updates here.  I need to write-up requirements for beta testing, maybe this evening...