BETA Tester qualifications...

Started by Wizbandit, September 20, 2023, 01:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wizbandit

I'm going to setup two tiers of COMBOX BETA testers.

Tier-1: (advanced user/programmer)
1) Be able to program an SD Card (16-64GB) with the COMBOX Image.
2) A basic knowledge of LINUX, able to type commands in a Terminal Window.
3) Willingness to Learn how to program GRAFANA (the COMBOX Dashboard)
4) Help others with custom graphs & gauges in this forum.
5) Learn how to use the basic COMBOX Setup Web page.
6) You will have access to all the dashboard setup menus.

Tier-2: (basic user)
1) Able to use a Ethernet cable and plug the MNCOMBOX into a router.
2) Know how to type the IP into a web browser, ie 192.168.1.100:3000 <enter>
3) Type IP into a browser and run the CONFIG web page, ie 192.168.1.100:8080 <enter>
4) Access all the user available menus and comment on use and improvements.
5) You will not have access to dashboard setup menus.

I really need both types of users so I can cater to both crowds.  Non-technical users seem to find the obscure and unknown issues, I need to fine tune based on their operations.

If you want to apply for Tier-1 go online and learn about Grafana, it is not real easy to program and use.  I will of course be available here to help with any and all questions, heck I have not even learned half of what this program can do.  Just enough to get data on a page...

ClassicCrazy

I can do the tier one and tier two and happy to help others get it going.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

solarhills99

I'd be happy to do tier 2.  New Rosie user with classic also.
Charles

LilMT

I would be more than happy to help out at either or both levels.

I haven't used Linux in a while, but I do know the difference between a tarball and a gumball.  :)

I don't know how much of an asset I would be, as all I currently have is a Classic 250 and Magnum Inverter/charge.

Also, I am behind CGNAT (Starlink).

But if you think I could assist, I would be happy to help.

Thanks,
JB
Thanks,
LilMT

Classic 250, 3s2p Trina Solar 405watt, 8 Renogy 200ah for 48V 400ah, Magnasine 4448 inverter.

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: LilMT on September 21, 2023, 10:52:06 AMI would be more than happy to help out at either or both levels.

I haven't used Linux in a while, but I do know the difference between a tarball and a gumball.  :)

I don't know how much of an asset I would be, as all I currently have is a Classic 250 and Magnum Inverter/charge.

Also, I am behind CGNAT (Starlink).

But if you think I could assist, I would be happy to help.

Thanks,
JB
For the Classic here is a good monitoring program that explains or has premade raspberry pi image that will monitor the Classic and also get you going on the graphics . It works locally so no internet connection needed. https://github.com/ClassicDIY/ClassicMQTT
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Vic

Hi Jim,

Thanks for defining the qualifications for the COMBOX BETA Testers.

I would be happy to be a Tier 2 Tester.

At this point,  I am not qualified for Tier 1,  and am not able to dedicate the focused time needed to up my game to that level.

Thanks!   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

aaapilot

Hi Jim, I'll toss my hat in the ring to do Tier 2.  Currently installing a new HB 120 and Rosie.  Thanks much for all you do!

Dave
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\

SteveK

I'd love an opportunity for Tier 2 Beta Testing. I am able to interface with Midnite Classic 150, XW Pro 6848 with Insight Home and external BMS. I have much free time to dedicate to this and can be available most any day.

Even if not selected I'd like to say this is awesome news! Can't wait to get get it onboard.
Balding and worse for the wear. 5400W of Bi-facial mono-perc on the roof, two-faced for no good reason like my Ex. 1x Jurassic Classic 200 in reserve. 1x Classic 150 working 100% in my oddly shaded app. 30kw of Lithium not counting the medicine cabinet. XW Pro 6848, the Pro applies to someone else.

Highflyer

Jim,

I have taken a look at Grafana and believe I could help out with tier 1 or 2. 

How is this going to work? 
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Raster

Hello Wiz:

Would love to be a Tier-2 tester. System is: Rosie+BB, Barcelona+BB, Battery Box, 30kwh batteries, SqD load center, and up to 8 REC405AA panels, Texas Hill Country. Mounted, but not running just yet. Real-time networked local monitoring would be great.

R.

cjbamenda

I can do both levels of testing. I'm based in Cameroon, Africa and would love to this type of monitoring here. I have a Classic 150, Classic 250, Whizbang Jr. and MNGP.
Classic 150 + Whizbang Jr.
Felicity LiFePO4 3 x 200AHr
Outback FX2024E

Raster

Jim:

Will you be able to update firmware (Rosie, Barcelona, MNGP2) with the Combo (instead of going to Google Play for the Android apk)?

R.

Wizbandit

Quote from: Raster on October 16, 2023, 03:19:59 AMJim:

Will you be able to update firmware (Rosie, Barcelona, MNGP2) with the Combo (instead of going to Google Play for the Android apk)?

R.

Probably someday... that code is on another engineer... but it is possible.

bryhan67

I am very interested but my skill level is more Tier 2. But I will put great effort and feed back.