What are the data logging capabilities of the Classic?

Started by Halfcrazy, February 04, 2011, 07:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

What we are working on is, first of all, basic daily information such as, daily time in Float, highest power during that day, etc.

Then, it will log the power over the day's production so you will be able to see the usual graph (daily) of power that shows if it got cloudy that day or was the typical hump of a nice solar day.  That is, unless, the Classic went into Absorb or Float, the power will of course show lower later in the day.

That will also work for wind power production which will of course be over 24 hour periods.

Other things as soon as we can get them done will be average wind speed throughout the day with the anemometer hooked into the Aux 2 input... Aux 2 is an output right now but will be selectable as input for different things.  Aux 2 will also be available as a generic voltage input and that will be able to be logged as well, that is, at certain time intervals yet to be determined, but should be an average over that time interval.

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

kitestrings

Quoteanemometer hooked into the Aux 2 input... Aux 2 is an output right now but will be selectable as input for different things.

Has this status changed?  We're hoping to log either rpm or wind speed.  Just wondering if this can be thru the Classic or if I should be looking at other methods.  Thanks for any update.  ~ks

Halfcrazy

I am afraid with as busy as boB is this may be a ways down his list. I will see if he can shed any light on when it may become a reality?

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

kitestrings

I'm surprised you haven't cloned him yet ;)

No pressure, I just didn't want to overlook something if I'd missed it.  ~ks