OLD OUT OF DATE BETA LOCAL APP ver 0.3.15

Started by Halfcrazy, February 21, 2013, 08:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Out of DATEOk here I have BETA version 0.3.15 I am asking for this thread to stay focused on the App and any issues you found as Andrew will be following it closely to help fix anything we find.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31975941/LocalStatusPanel.v0.3.15.air

This version does the following:
*Time in Float in the offline data should now agree with the Classic (I have verified it is correct on My classics)
*Equalize MPPT now says that not Equalize SS
*Changed the Data sent to Classic "OK" box to a simple Wait message
*Added Force Bulk and Float buttons
*Grey out the Config tabs when no password is present so you can still read the settings
*Added fixes for the DHCP crashing in the Classic (New Beta classic code should be here today)

Please play around with it and see what you find.

Thank you
Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Halfcrazy

Bugs found so far:
*In the Config---> Tech section. When Follow Me is enabled on the Classic it shows as Insomnia on the APP
*In Hydro mode under the Tech Menu the Minimum input voltage is off by a factor of 10. The Classic shows 1v and the App shows 10V

Ryan

TomW

I still only get data from Nov 2012 in the "Data, Live"?

Not sure what should be there?

I cannot select any other month in the popup calendar or the black > to the right of the date / period to plot? When I try it occasionally dumps the connection to the Classic. I wonder if it swamps the Classic's ethernet connection transferring the data to the App?

The offline data seems right but again I seldom use it.

Except for the dumping the connection this has been "stuck" at Nov 20212 from day one using all of the Local Apps.

My Classic / MNGP has the correct date.

Just FYI

Tom

P.S.

I do not usually use the Local App for data just poking around.
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Tom
that will be a side effect with Live data. The Local App only collects live data when it is actually running and Enable data logging is checked. I have a Beta Classic firmware coming asap that should fix a couple things related as well.

Stay tuned
Ryan

Resthome

Quote from: Halfcrazy on February 21, 2013, 03:00:43 PM
Tom
that will be a side effect with Live data. The Local App only collects live data when it is actually running and Enable data logging is checked. I have a Beta Classic firmware coming asap that should fix a couple things related as well.

Stay tuned
Ryan
Ryan .. Is this Beta Classic newer than 1333 (2/19/13) that was post yesterday?
And the network dropped connections are still with us while moving around in Live Data.
John
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Halfcrazy

John
Are you saying the App loses touch with the classic while you navigate the Live data? Are you using DHCP or Static? I was thinking most if not all of the connection issues had been addressed in the 12-11-12 code.

Ryan

TomW

Quote from: Halfcrazy on February 21, 2013, 04:27:10 PM
John
Are you saying the App loses touch with the classic while you navigate the Live data? Are you using DHCP or Static? I was thinking most if not all of the connection issues had been addressed in the 12-11-12 code.

Ryan
Ryan;

That is what I see but not always. Static IP

Just to be sure I am current these are my versions..

Application Version 0.3.15

Firmware:     
- Classic Rev: 1181
- Network Rev: 1122

FYI

Sorry if this is getting the thread off track.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

So just so I understand you both see the App loose communication with the Classic when in the Live data view?

Ryan

TomW

Quote from: Halfcrazy on February 21, 2013, 04:55:22 PM
So just so I understand you both see the App loose communication with the Classic when in the Live data view?

Ryan

Well, in my case only seems to when I try to move around in the days / hours / months options. And then not always reproducible.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Halfcrazy

Ok thank you. We will poke around some more

Lya72

Hi,

With LocalApp version 03.15,

Colors :
- With the default colors, Months label aren't visible on Date selector calendar
- label Colors not implemented in Config Tab

- Insomnia is selected in the LocalApp versus not selected in The Classic, without FollowMe.

- Classic connection suddenly closed and restart two seconds after when I was typing this text in Notepad ?.

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

Halfcrazy

Ok Insomnia I did find that as well.

*Not sure what you are referring to about label colors?

*When you say default colors I think I remember seeing yours in Black background? I have included a picture of mine showing the calender and these are all default colors?

*When the app drops the classic does it come back on its own? I think we need to start a new thread just for this and get a lot more data. I am suspicious it is the classic not the app and it is aggravated by certain networks for some reason. I will start a new topic for this http://midnitesolar.com/smf_forum/index.php?topic=1054.0and ask questions so please jump in there if you will

Vern Faulkner

It still can't find the classic. I have the classic set to reboot itself at midnight, but it never makes it through 24 hours without being unavailable to the local App.

Halfcrazy

Vern
Can you go over to this thread and give us more specifics on the system please: http://midnitesolar.com/smf_forum/index.php?topic=1054.0

Lya72

@Ryan,

* for Insomnia, mine case is different than yours, because FollowMe is not selected on my Classic !!

* Label "Colors" is relating to the square box selector to change LocalApp Background Colors in the Config Tab. You said that you take this little correction in account.

* For the Background Colors, I modified the default colors a few versions ago to see the months label and take a similar choice to your.
But, the Black value came back with the new version installation.

* Yes, when the connection dropped, it came back two seconds after.

Yann

1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)