Classic not saving configuration input

Started by PointyHairedBoss, April 14, 2013, 12:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PointyHairedBoss

Hello,
I'm trying to configure my charge controller. I step through the wizard making all the entries. At the end it says something like "data saved ... sending to Classic". Then when I go back in to the wizard I see all the old settings. None of my changes have been accepted.  I have a second charge controller, A Classic Lite slaved to the Classic & when I try to program it through the Classic, the same thing happens. Tried it twice with each controller.

4 - strings of 2 - Sharp 235 PV panels
Classic 150 (4 panels)
Classic 150 Lite (4 panels)
Battery Bank 12V - 3 Surrette 4KS25P

Vic

Hi P H B,

The Classic 150,  not Lite,  needs a FirmWare Update,  for starters.

The Wizard has been removed in more recent versions of FW...   I have used the early FW,  but,  honestly forget how it may differ from the more current FW  when trying to Save data.

An Update may well solve all of your problems. Goog Luck,   Forgetful  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

TomW

P.H.B.;

This thread has the latest Firmware (I think):

http://midnitesolar.com/smf_forum/index.php?topic=1143.0

Vic is right, you really need to get it current.

Good Luck with it.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

boB

Updating is best, but also in the old wizard, it would always come up with default values.
i.e. the wizard would not read the current values from the Classic except maybe to
know the nominal battery voltage (12,24,48 etc).

You can always go into the CHARGE menu and change voltages and things with
either version of firmware if you don't feel like updating your classic right this
minute.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

PointyHairedBoss

Thanks. I will try the firmware upgrade & report back.