Bug reporting.....

Started by Halfcrazy, May 03, 2013, 08:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Good point. I have sent an Email to Andrew to see if he can accommodate that.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dgd

Cannot get to the MyMidnite web page today
Firefox reports..
This page isn't redirecting properly. Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

dgd

I see that when MyMidnite is started the current day's graph is displayed. This is a much better look compared to the blankgraph and a graph date of Thurs 1 January 1970.  However....

Bugs:
Using the browser prev or next page will show the blank Jan 1 1970 graph box..  if in Management it sometimes leaves MyMidnite
Using the browser page update also does this.
The timezone dates are still wrong, only changes at midday, and makes graphing useless until date changes.  :'(

Suggestions:
Still badly need the node14 test display as an option for displaying data, its already all there in Ryan's test:mymidnite page so I can't imagine its rocket science to get it into MyMidnite properly.

I still think the DAILY WEEKLY MONTHLY YEARLY buttons are unnecessary. DAY MONTH would do.

Also the mini graph display may look sexy BUT really is just functionless. The highlight slider box would be just as effective sliding over the dates. What about an option to remove it from display? or else just program it out altogether?

Time resolution at 10 minute connections is sort of ok BUT it is based on collecting 2 weeks data and storing it. I'm generally not that interested in what happened 2 weeks ago,  1 week ago or even 3 days ago. The MOST informative info is what is happening today and to a limited extent yesterday. So since data storage on the server seems to be the limiting factor it would be a real good to have the ability to get the time resoltion based on the number of days data a user wants to have stored, 10 minutes=14 days, 5 mins=7,
2min=3 days.  I would certainly go for the 2 minute 3 day option every time.  Again can't be rocket science as this was already proven a couple of weeks ago on 1 minute connections...

dgd

Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000

ClassicCrazy

It would be nice to be able to scale the battery voltage - in my case  from maybe 20 to 30 for my 24 volt battery system .  Could it be user selectable ?  On the present graph from 0 to 30 is hard to tell where the battery is at unless you read the text. 
But speaking of text- It would be nice to have an option for an organized data  chart  instead of a graph. Such as daily  high and low battery voltages, peak current and power, time in float, etc for the past week or month or so.
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

dgd

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on July 09, 2013, 05:48:55 PM
It would be nice to be able to scale the battery voltage - in my case  from maybe 20 to 30 for my 24 volt battery system .  Could it be user selectable ?  On the present graph from 0 to 30 is hard to tell where the battery is at unless you read the text. 
that was asked some time ago and apparently its impossible due to infexible scaling in the graphics software.
(the people who wrote the software driver package should be ashamed of omitting such a common sense real-world requirement)
But speaking of text- It would be nice to have an option for an organized data  chart  instead of a graph. Such as daily  high and low battery voltages, peak current and power, time in float, etc for the past week or month or so.
excellent idea..  this would be a very useful reporting (in text) feature..

dgd

atop8918

Hi, everyone, thanks for the bug reporting and suggestions. I'm working as fast as I can on this stuff I know everyone's frustrated, but if this were easy everyone would be doing it.

I've got a bug list that I'm feverishly banging away at even though you may not see the results immediately! It takes a day or so to release all new changes and there is a ton of stuff going on "under the hood" that you may never even notice but that drives the whole system.

Thanks for all your help!
-A

dgd

Another bug...
Moved a Classic to unassigned status in Management and whole display went dark blue and eventually a white error box appeared
An AJAX HTTP request terminated abnormally
Debugging information follows
Path;/?q=system/ajax
the box disappeared before I could get the rest... :D

dgd

ClassicCrazy

Yesterday My Midnight kept kicking me off , this morning it won't let me log in  - says unauthorized user.  Is the site being worked on ? 
Thanks,
Larry 
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

atop8918

Hi, Larry,
There is no live work being done on the site at the moment. Is it possible your credentials are wrong?

Try this link:

https://www.mymidnite.com/?q=user/password

ClassicCrazy

I could log in today  -- not sure what was going on yesterday - I had tried everything - restarted computer etc. I don't see any data for last couple days but that might be an internet problem at my solar site .
Thanks.

Quote from: atop8918 on July 16, 2013, 03:15:03 AM
Hi, Larry,
There is no live work being done on the site at the moment. Is it possible your credentials are wrong?

Try this link:

https://www.mymidnite.com/?q=user/password
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable