Bug reporting.....

Started by Halfcrazy, May 03, 2013, 08:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Ok be easy on us here....
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dgd

Can't get past the password during login, always says incorrect password then after 5 times the login blocked message appears.
And yes, I carefully entered my midnite forum password
I see in mymidnite setup (registration?) you get to specift user id, email then mac and id for Classic. but you cannot do another classic using the same id and email, its a one person/one Classic only ????
Nice screen layouts and design

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

offgridQLD

I had 5 min off success.

I managed to register with my classics ID and MAC address .I enter my password and log in after I got my confirmation email. I uploaded a pic and assigned my classic with a name. I fiddled around for about 5 min more or less blind trying to work out what was what and what button did what. I did see some data showing in the graphs then I lost it and now it just logs me in and doesn't show my device  - (classic) at all  like its forgot it? I Can't just add it again under the ( management) as its already apparently in the system but its not showing up with the little icon of it like it did first try when i log in.

All good though at least we have something to play with .

Kurt
Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.

atop8918

Hi, DGD,
Did you register a new account with the system? If you can't log in, press the "request new password" button up top. I'm not sure what your forum password would have to do with mymidnite though. To answer your question, you can register new devices using the Management Tab once you are logged in.

atop8918

Hi, Kurt,
Sorry about the bug there. Can you tell me your device ID so I can take a look through the logs. I'll see if I can get it back in there for you. Do you remember what you did just before it disappeared?

Thanks,
-Andrew

dgd

Quote from: atop8918 on May 04, 2013, 02:00:19 AM
Hi, DGD,
Did you register a new account with the system? If you can't log in, press the "request new password" button up top. I'm not sure what your forum password would have to do with mymidnite though. To answer your question, you can register new devices using the Management Tab once you are logged in.

I made the wrong assumption that forum id and password would work with my midnite.  Now that I can get access the adding of devices is there. Thanks.
Interesting navigating through items..

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

offgridQLD

Quote from: atop8918 on May 04, 2013, 02:02:19 AM
Hi, Kurt,
Sorry about the bug there. Can you tell me your device ID so I can take a look through the logs. I'll see if I can get it back in there for you. Do you remember what you did just before it disappeared?

Thanks,
-Andrew

My Device ID: B427 C482

I had just selected voltage and was trying so scroll through to find today's readings . I'm sorry I am a little vague. I was to busy trying to work it all out being 5 min new to it all and not taking note of exactly what I was doing.

Kurt
Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.

TomW

After some testing where I had Web Access disabled I enabled it again with a fresh D-Link router.

It had my account still in there. Had to add the Solar Classic again. Not sure it is a bug or when mine calls in it will change but can I change the name from "unnamed" to something useful?

Thanks.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

atop8918

I'm sorry about the "UNNAMED" name, I am working on the configuration and will soon add the name field.

TomW

Fair enough on the name.

Now what does this mean?

Battery: Bulk MPPT
Float Time: 0
THERE IS AN ERROR

How to see the error?

The Local App does not show an error in "alerts" nor can I find one on the MNGP?

Just wonder what it is telling me. A mymidnite error or error on my system?

BTW, I like where this is going.

Thanks.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

atop8918

Hi, Tom,
Mouse over the icons at the bottom of the badge there. The errors are not quite correct yet so you may see "fake" errors which are actually part of normal operation. I'm in the process of getting these sorted out. The generic "There is an Error" message will go away at some point.

Thanks,
-A

dbcollen

I have set up acct and logged in and don't get anything but a blank grey rectangle on my page

DEC9 CF61

dbcollen

it is an internet exploder problem, works fine with firefox.

boB

Quote from: dbcollen on May 04, 2013, 12:13:06 PM
I have set up acct and logged in and don't get anything but a blank grey rectangle on my page

DEC9 CF61

dB, I see you have watch dog resets  (I notice from the 8  in this...  30003280)

Do you have either Auto-Restart enabled in TWEAKS or have you noticed
missing kW-Hour data during the day from the Classic resetting ?

If so, you can change the NET mode from DHCP to STATIC and resets
~should~ stop.

I will also post this in the resetting thread.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dbcollen

night auto reset? wasn't checked, is now, and is also changed to static. deleted all browsing history, still grey rectangle on IE