Bug reporting.....

Started by Halfcrazy, May 03, 2013, 08:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atop8918

Hi, Kurt
That looks like it may be a communications problem, have you cross-referenced your device ID on the https://www.mymidnite.com/?q=node/14 page? Has something changed on your network, or maybe a firmware update happened? It might be something flaky on the server as well, please don't take it the wrong way!

-A

atop8918

Hi, Kurt. I looked at the database, it seems like your Classic started acting up about 18:13:00 US Central Time on 5/15. Did anything change on your end then?

Thanks,
-A

offgridQLD

No changes on 5/15 unfortunately.

My classic is communicating perfectly over the internet via the local App so its connection seems fine. I will try a reset of the classic tomorrow when I am at the house.

I ended up recording 4 data points yesterday. So it is communicating just not that often.

I was just thinking. Dose having the local app open and running interfere with my midnite. Can it do both at the same time?

Thanks for looking into the issue.

Kurt

Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.

atop8918

The Classic should be able to handle both mymidnite and the local app, having said that, mymidnite _should_ be done already. It might be worth a quick check to shutdown the local app and see if that helps with the mymidnite comms. If that's the case I'll head back to the firmware and make sure that local and remote comms aren't interfering with each other.

Thanks,
-A

TomW

My Classic seems to get all the data out to mymidnite. But it is always 10 to 13 hours behind.

As in the latest mymidnite data is from 10 to 13 hours ago.

Example today it is 09:45 and mymidnite latest data is from 10:39 PM yesterday.

Its been this way awhile for me.

I also noticed that the Yearly and Monthly Energy graphs use WH when the values are clearly KWH from my system

Just FYI.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

atop8918

Thanks, Tom,
I'll have a look. What is your timezone set to so I can check my math?

Thanks,
-A

dgd

At lower lhs of Classic box there is an icon that is described as 'Internal Reset'  Is this the new name for watchdog reset?
Why the paucity of data?  I thought the connecting to MyMN was every 15 minutes?
Has anyone got a MyMN graph display for their connecting Classic that shows a full days data in 15minute increments?
With just 2 or 3 data points each day (for my Classic) it sorta makes My Midnite -  pointless  :o
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Halfcrazy

Here is a typical day from my Solar Classic

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Halfcrazy

the internal reset can be do to the watchdog timer or because the user has Auto Night time reset enabled

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

atop8918

Here are my test instances. The datapoints are all around 10-15 minutes apart. It might be a firmware issue, what version of fimrware are you running? It might be something else. Can you PM me your device IDs and I'll check the logs?

Thanks!
-Andrew

dgd

Ok, so it seems others are seeing data rich displays in their MyMidnite.
For my busy PV connected Classic 200BA94A I am lucky to see two data points per day and now from 1 June nothing
I am sure my internet connection is clean as there is zero packet loss to many US based servers I use.

Just a couple of suggestions, when sliding the window over the dates below graph box, the data in graph box does not change to the new data, you need to go and press DAY display before it updates the graph. Can this update be automated?
A full screen or BIG window graph box option would be nice
And a window display of text lines, one for each data point connection as per qnode/15 screen would be really useful too

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000

RossW

Quote from: dgd on June 02, 2013, 09:07:32 PM
For my busy PV connected Classic 200BA94A I am lucky to see two data points per day and now from 1 June nothing
I am sure my internet connection is clean as there is zero packet loss to many US based servers I use.

dgd: do you have a mac or linux box running there somewhere?
I've been writing a small utility to read and log data from the classic, it could be interesting to see if you were able to poke data a different direction without loss and get all the datapoints. May (or may not) eliminate something?

3600W on 6 tracking arrays.
7200W on 2 fixed array.
Midnite Classic 150
Outback Flexmax FM80
16 x LiFePO4 600AH cells
16 x LiFePO4 300AH cells
Selectronics SP-PRO 481 5kW inverter
Fronius 6kW AC coupled inverter
Home-brew 4-cyl propane powered 14kVa genset
2kW wind turbine

dgd

Quote from: rossw on June 02, 2013, 09:48:51 PM
Quote from: dgd on June 02, 2013, 09:07:32 PM

dgd: do you have a mac or linux box running there somewhere?
I've been writing a small utility to read and log data from the classic, it could be interesting to see if you were able to poke data a different direction without loss and get all the datapoints. May (or may not) eliminate something?

Ross;  My rPi 'blackbox' connects via serial ports to both my active Classics and extracts data every 5 minutes from modbus registers.
I have not graphed the data yet but I get a daily list that looks good.  But I suppose this proves nothing as the MyMidnite connects via ethernet to the Classic or isn't it really the Classic that connects to the midnite server
I suspect the  mymidnite server name or ip is coded in the firmware?  it would be usefu if that could be redirected
Have you tried your utility over internet to remote Classic?

dgd

RossW

Quote from: dgd on June 03, 2013, 02:17:04 AM
Ross;  My rPi 'blackbox' connects via serial ports to both my active Classics and extracts data every 5 minutes from modbus registers.

Cooool.... thats exactly the way TomW was running too, I think.
He should be able to shoot you a binary that'll just load and run on your rPi.

First thing will be to make sure it can talk to your classics over ethernet. (it should)
Once that's done, it's as simple as adding the  -w  switch to make it write some basic stuff to one of my servers for logging. Tom and I have that in simple scripts run from cron.

I have not graphed the data yet but I get a daily list that looks good.  But I suppose this proves nothing as the MyMidnite connects via ethernet to the Classic or isn't it really the Classic that connects to the midnite server
I suspect the  mymidnite server name or ip is coded in the firmware?  it would be usefu if that could be redirected

I suspect you're right, that either the fqdn or IP are hard-coded or on "undisclosed" registers. Easy way to intercept would be local DNS hack (if it uses FQDN), or IPFW to rewrite headers if it's just an IP.

Have you tried your utility over internet to remote Classic?

No, but happy to try if you have a remotely-accessible device? Will PM you my email, feel free to give me a whistle.
3600W on 6 tracking arrays.
7200W on 2 fixed array.
Midnite Classic 150
Outback Flexmax FM80
16 x LiFePO4 600AH cells
16 x LiFePO4 300AH cells
Selectronics SP-PRO 481 5kW inverter
Fronius 6kW AC coupled inverter
Home-brew 4-cyl propane powered 14kVa genset
2kW wind turbine

atop8918

Just informationally the Classic connects to the mymidnite server using DNS resolution so if you want to use your own MX entry on a local DNS server, you can certainly redirect your Classic that way. The problem is that all traffic is encrypted using session keys so you would have to implement the decryption engine locally. We don't have plans to release our encryption algorithm at the moment -- and I realize there will inevitably be the security through obscurity comment, but we are using an industry-standard NIST approved technique -- so redirection might not gain you anything for the time being.

dgd -- the graph should update automatically when you move the navigation window -- which OS/browser/browser revision are you using so I can fix that for you?