Diversion to /Heating Element or Small Grid Tie Help me here Understand.

Started by SolarVet, May 04, 2013, 09:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SolarVet

I understand the aspects of diversion. But I am trying to wrap my mind around this. Instead of diverting to a heating element I want to divert power to small grid tie inverters.
After my battery bank is charged there is of course the wasted energy not used to charged my battery bank.
Is it the Power from the panels that is being diverted or power from the batteries.
And how is this set up and does anyone have a diagram of how this wired without a clipper. And or can this done.
A diagram will be more helpful for me to understand. Schematics I understand better.
Thanks guys .

dgd

Sv,

What voltage is your  battery bank?  CL150?
What is the spec for the grid tie small inverter, mppt pv input voltage range?
How many PV strings and string voltage/current? Total PV Kw?
Do you have a fused/breakers PV combiner box

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

SolarVet

I guess the real question should've been, After doing some reading. Can I use a relay connected to one of the Aux's and diverted power from panels to Grid Tie inverters and use the Waste Not Hi Setting ?

dgd

So this is a follow on from your thread 'dumping into a GTI' from early February? except now instead of connecting your GTI to the battery bank you want to connect it direct to panels that also provide power to your Classic CC.
The answer to your question is yes BUT this is more complicated and is probably of little advantage when your GTI works good at your battery voltage. I'd recommend going with the setup described in the previous thread.. :)

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand